blog comment error - enter valid email address

Discussion in 'GoldenEagle WordPress Theme' started by gretchenwillis, May 22, 2014.

1. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

Hi.
    My website is gretchenwillisphotography.com

I have friends who try to comment on my blog and are unable to do so. Usually, the ones who are registered wordpress users have no problem. But friends who don't have a wordpress blog or any blog whatsoever have lots of trouble! I've googled this issue, and found that it may be a theme-specific problem.

Most recently a friend told me that she was entering her name and email, and it was a valid email address, but she kept getting an error message saying, "enter a valid email address". I checked my settings, and I do NOT have checked that the person needs to be registered and logged in to comment.

Since I'm having this problem I've removed the name/email option for commenting, for the time being. However i"d like to put it back on but I don't want to have the problem of friends not being able to comment at all.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thank You!

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

I have submitted two test comments at your post "Bloom Where You Are Planted". But not faced any problem while submitting.

Please try comment again. I hope it will work.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

3. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

Hi Nitesh, thanks for helping me with my issue.
    Like I said, I've temporarily changed the comment fields to NOT require the name/email, so when you commented it isn't set up the same way as previously, when my friends were unable to comment.

also, when I was having trouble, some friends said they could comment but some could not and I don't know why.

Should I switch the comment field back to requiring name & email address so you may try again? But even if you did, you may have success - because like I said, some of my friends were able to comment but some were not.

Possibly this will just be a problem that we can't figure out. I was wondering if anyone else had reported this problem and if you might have a fix.
    Thank you for always answering questions so promptly! :)