Adjusting Slide Transisiton not working

Discussion in 'GoldenEagle WordPress Theme' started by sohum, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sohum

sohum New Member

I followed the instructions posted on this thread: http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/image-slider-transition.194/

However, the result is that the slider does not function, one image shows with another showing below it.

My adjust JS file
    Code:
    fadeSpeed:500,fadeEasing:"",slideSpeed:350,slideEasing:"",start:1,effect:"fade",crossfade:!1,randomize:!1,play:0,

Attached Files:

2. sohum

sohum New Member

I've managed to get the slider working again, and fading. But am struggling on the fadespeed. Can you let me know what the value represents so I know whether to increase or decrease it, and the amount?

3. sohum

sohum New Member

Mmm, ok seem to have the value correct and understood, but adjusting the "fadespeed" adjust the transition of the fade, but I can't seem to slow down the amount of time that 1 slide shows. How can I make a slide appear on the screen for longer, before the fade to the next slide starts?

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Go to
    Js > slides.min.jquery.js
    present in theme directory and adjust the value of fadespeed by increasing the value the slider speed decreases,and by decreasing the value the slider speed increases .

5. sohum

sohum New Member

Thanks for your reply Gourav, this is what I'm currently using "fadeSpeed:350,fadeEasing:"",slideSpeed:90000"

Adjusting these two values seems to change the fade-transition (ie the amount of time it takes to fade in/out) but not the overall transition time (ie the amount of time a slide remains, before the fade transition begins for the next slide). How can I make slides stay longer.

You can see for yourself what I mean here http://sohum.it/

6. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Increase the value of fadeSpeed:350 to 600, This will solve your issue.

7. sohum

sohum New Member

Hi Gourav, I've followed your advice. My code is currently:

Code:
    fadeSpeed:950,fadeEasing:"",slideSpeed:600,slideEasing:"",start:1,effect:"slide",crossfade:!1,randomize:!1,play:0,pause:0,hoverPause:!1,autoHeight:!1,autoHeightSpeed:350,bigTarget:!1,
    But if you look at the site http://sohum.it/ you will see that your suggestion changes only the milliseconds for the slide to slide, it doesn't change the interval time between slides shifting.

So to put this in a simple way, from the moment it takes to load slide 1 I'd like to be able to count to 8 seconds before the next slide starts to transition in...