Adding EU Directive script code

Discussion in 'Andrina WordPress Theme' started by rogerb, Sep 22, 2015.

1. rogerb

rogerb Active Member

I need to add some script code to implement the EU Directive and according to the supplier I should:

Insert code in the footer of your website just before closing </body> tag

The script code looks like this:

<!--Start Cookie Script-->
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://chs03.cookie-script.com/s/c896e3fae7e163baa7e4816d43fc479911.js"></script>
    <!--End Cookie Script-->

How/where do I find the place to add this code?

2. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

It would be our pleasure to serve you.

Although we don't suggest any hardcode operations on our theme as it may lead to ill-functionality of the theme and it's functions.

However, if you wish to add the code block. Follow these steps:-
    1. Go to (Appearance->Theme Editor).
    2. Select the file footer.php from the list of files in the theme, displayed on the right side of the page.
    3. Scroll the page down to the last. You will find the </body> tag.
    4. Insert the code as you wish.

Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

3. rogerb

rogerb Active Member

Thanks yes, I hoped that there was a more elegant method offered by the theme.

4. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I got your concern. But you know there are numerous contents available in a theme and providing options to insert codes at every angle of every section via theme will be very very confusing path for most of the users. It will also make the theme very complex and will not be friendly for most of the users with non-technical skills. Hope you understand.

So we have kept our theme as simple as possible. This is the major reason why customers enjoy our themes. Parallely, for users like you there is a wide option to edit the theme in the way you want.

Additionally, if you have any issue with the theme, we are always here to assist you.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com