Adding credit card logo next to social icons

Discussion in 'Andrina WordPress Theme' started by seamonster, Apr 26, 2013.

1. seamonster

seamonster New Member

Any ideas what I should edit to make this happen? I have an image of the 4 major credit cards and would like them to line up with the social icons on the top of the page. thank you :)

enphone likes this.
  2. sandymcdonald

sandymcdonald Member

From a usability perspective, that would be inconsistent because all your social media and RSS feed icons are clickable, actually taking the user to another site related to your business. I would suggest putting them in one of the footer widgets if you want them to appear on all pages or in one of the side widgets if you don't mind them being on the first page. You could actually do both.

With that being said, if you still would like to mix the credit card icons with the social media icons, you would need to do the following.

1) Make sure your credit card icons are the same size and shape as the social media icons. You may need to edit using photo editing software such as PhotoShop or Gimp (free). Note: Credit card icons are typically rectangular. That won't work with the square ones and with the spinning action.

2) Upload the new icons via FTP Manager to your images folder.

3) Create a child theme if you do not already have one. You will have to place a copy of the header.php file in the child theme folder (andrinatheme-child) and edit the social icon code.

If you decide to go forward with implementing this, let me know if you need additional details on steps 2 & 3.