Add Video to front-page.php in Recent Post Section?

Discussion in 'Andrina WordPress Theme' started by cobberdb, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobberdb

cobberdb New Member

Hi, does anyone know how i can actually add a youtube embed code to the front-page.php in the themes editor? The theme comes with an image depicting a video on the home page but there's no where in the theme options where i can do that?

Your help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

2. rogerb

rogerb Active Member

I do this by going to Appearance>Theme Options>Home Page Settings>Home Page 2 Cols>Right Column description and paste the embed iFrame code from youtube in there along with any descriptive wording I might need to explain it. Works well for me, you can see mine at http://www.reab-is.co.uk/
    You may find that if you don't post anything in there it shows as a blank edit box but adds the default video in by hard code.

Hope this helps

Roger b

3. ancrking

ancrking New Member

I'm trying to insert an you tube video. When I insert the web address in the Right Column Description, it shows on the front page of the website in text.

Www.stgregorychurchri.com

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

@ancrking,

You are inserting the link of video not embed code, Just go to
    Appearance>Theme Options>Home Page Settings>Home Page 2 Cols>Right Column description

and paste your embed code there.

It will show the video in the home page, and you have to adjust the width and height of the video which you can adjust in the embed code of the video.

When you go to the youtube page and open the particular link it will give you the embed code of the video, that embed code should be entered in the text box.

When you click on the share button below the video you will find the embed code there.

5. lamar1

lamar1 New Member

i have adrina lite at www.dallasbaseball.net and a week ago i upgraded and paid the 45.00 for the adrina full version.....how do i get it to replace the adrina lite version.....what steps do i take, thanks, rl

6. lamar1

lamar1 New Member

disregard prior request, i think i figured it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.