Widgets on home page

Discussion in 'Squirrel WordPress Theme' started by igormorgado, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igormorgado

igormorgado New Member

Hi there. I have signed for this service after contact you asking for some features, one of them is being able to configure dinamicly updated information on homepage based on my posts, Unfortunelly there is no widget on main page except the footer ones (and those do not help).

How can I add a widgets to home page body?

Thank you in advance.

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that with our theme unless you custom code something up. Sorry.

3. igormorgado

igormorgado New Member

Man, this isn't good. Before the purchase, I have asked if some theme were able to do it, someone in your staff recommended me this theme.

Where should I mess with? Can you point me the snippets necessary to add widget hooks inside the divs?

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

I have checked your pre sale query which you have asked through mail. In which support staff have replayed you that
    "Hello,

We would suggest you to check our "Squirrel Theme" in this theme we have given slider, and below that you will get two columns section where you can add your heading and description just after that there is a featured area in which you can use your images as well as description.
    And for blog post you can add Widget in the footer section which will show latest blog post.
    And for gallery images we have given gallery template in the theme, you can use it to show your gallery images.

Currently theme is not made in HTML 5. But you can make small changes in the theme with help of CSS codes."

Plugin is the one solution for this issue.
    You can use "special recent posts" plugin
    Downlaod it from the link given below.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/special-recent-posts/installation/

and add this code in the front-page.php file where you want to show recent post.

Code:
    <?php
    // Defining widget options.
    $args = array(
        'post_limit'      => 5,
        'post_random'      => 'yes',
    );

// Function call.
    special_recent_posts($args);
    ?>

5. igormorgado

igormorgado New Member

Maybe I have missed the footer condition on widgets stuff. Really my fault. I tried to find your replies here in my mail box before post, probably I have deleted. Anyway your proposed solutions fits nice. But I will still look if is possible to add widget hooks in the 2 or 3 column rows. If you have any urls to point me I will be glad. Otherwise I will google for it ;-)

6. igormorgado

igormorgado New Member

Have added widgets to those divs. ;-) now its working like a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.