Why can't ADMIN manually renew expired ads? Once expired, can't change date to repost

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by adamomg, Mar 19, 2013.

1. adamomg

adamomg New Member

I can use my dashboard to see the expired ads, but there is no way that I have found to renew that expired ad from the administrator side, without cut and pasting the info into a brand new ad (which is obviously time consuming). There should be a way that the admin can extend the expiration of any ad to either a specific date, time range (i.e. 1 week, 1 month, 1 year), or indefinitely.

As we try to grow I want to keep all ads on the site, but I don't think that requiring ads to be renewed from the user-side only will keep as many as we will need at any given time. (sort of like getting a party started, right?)

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you,

AMG

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Issue is resolved, Download updated version of theme and upload it, This will solve your issue.

3. adamomg

adamomg New Member

I am currently using 1.1.0, is there a newer version?

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

This issue is resolved, Download theme from members area. And follow process given below.
    Go to your dashboard, Activate WordPress default theme (For example "Twenty ten, Twenty twelve"). And delete existing ClassiCraft theme.
    After that upload updated theme that you have downloaded from members area. Your all settings will remain intact.

Note: Theme in members area is also of version (1.1.0). It's version is not updated yet.

5. adamomg

adamomg New Member

I just did exactly as you instructed, and the problem remains. The ads that are expired still will not publish, even when adjusting the dates or changing the status from Draft to Publish. This is rather urgent for us because many of the ads that were posted in the first week are now gone, making the site look empty. We need a way to publish these ads again asap and from the administrator side.

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you,

AMG

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]
    We will check and resolve your issue

7. adamomg

adamomg New Member

This issue is rather frustrating. Are you saying that giving you the login information to our websites is the ONLY way to resolve this problem??? Can it not be fixed through an update or otherwise? We would prefer if you explain how to resolve it instead.

Thank you,

AMG

8. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

We already added this feature in our Classicraft theme, But in your case this feature is not working, Mainly we provide customization support and other solutions on the support community, but when a problem is not global and not catch able or solvable directly by any code, Then we take our last action of taking WordPress dashboard details to solve issues at client site.