Vimeo embedded video thumbnail

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by smurph2020, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smurph2020

smurph2020 New Member

To whom it may concern:
    My videos that are embedded from Vimeo.com show up in the main video player but the thumbnails have an error in the code on the video-thumb.php. I've seen this issue on the forum before however, it seems to have been fixed by a developer and never explained. Is this something that I can fix myself (and thus anyone else who may encounter this problem) or is this something that needs to be fixed by a developer.
    Thank you for you help,
    Sean
    url: www.case-ex.com

Attached Files:

2. smurph2020

smurph2020 New Member

I finally found a solution to my problem. The problem wasn't on the theme's end but with my "local PHP settings" with 1and1 web hosting. I followed the advice on this article. (See below) A commenter on the bottom of the article who also has hosting with 1and1 suggests these steps:

1. Go into your control panel through 1and1 and select your package
    2. Under "Web Space" you will see "Local PHP Settings".
    3. Add a new Local PHP Setting. Give it whatever description you'd like and chose the directory you'd like to add the new setting into. For me it was the the generic theme's folder. (.../wp-content/themes) and check the box next to "Allow URL fopen" and select "ON" for that property.
    4. After that click "save".

This allowed the video's to create thumbnails! Hope that helps. If not the commenter who's advice I followed suggests to keep trying different locations until it works. For me this solution was my 3rd attempt to add the setting to the correct location.

http://www.solo-technology.com/blog/2010/04/07/quick-fix-for-url-file-access-is-disabled-issues/

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.
    Sean

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.