Video Slider Play Issue

Discussion in 'Local Business WordPress Theme' started by internetmarketingsmarts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. internetmarketingsmarts

internetmarketingsmarts Guest

Hi,

I have two YouTube videos on the homepage slider. The problem is when I click on one video, the slider should stop moving. But what currently happens is you click on a video and start watching it, Then the slider moves on to the next video as the first one plays in the background. So you can't watch that video completely because of the slide action.

Ideally I want that once you click on the first video in the slider, it stops the slider from moving to the next slide. How do I do that?

You can see the issue here: www.InternetMarketingSmarts.com

Thanks,

Eddy

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

It is not possible to stop slider at the time when video is playing, But you can stop the slider when you can hover on it, If you want to do so, Then download the updated version of the theme from your members area and upload it, This will solve your issue.

3. internetmarketingsmarts

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this wouldn't be ideal because most people will click on a video and move their cursor off the video so they can watch it. I've seen some sliders that have a play, pause, forward or rewind button under them. This allows the user to pause a slider image and then start it again. Is this an option that you can offer?

When there is an update to a theme, will I get a notification in wordpress to update it? Will updating a theme delete all the content I have in the theme options? Please advise.

Thanks.

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Right now this feature is not available in our theme, but we will try to add this feature in future updates and inform you after such update.

If you have make change in .php files then you will loss your changes.Your theme option content and custom CSS will remain intact.

5. internetmarketingsmarts

Thanks. I look forward to the changes. Are we provided an alert in the Wordpress dashboard when a theme is updated?

6. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

No, We cannot provide any alert in the Wordpress dashboard when a theme is updated, But you can manually check the version of the theme from your members area by checking the changelog of your theme.

But in future we try to add this option in our all themes.

7. internetmarketingsmarts

Thanks. It would definitely be great if all themes received an update notice in the admin dashboard of wordpress because most people won't know to come back and check to see if there is an updated version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.