Using a Page Template as Front Page

Discussion in 'Woodberry WordPress Theme' started by Eric, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I wanted to customize the front page of the Woodberry theme quite extensively. Basically, I only wanted to use the Slider and Main Feature Heading and have the rest of the page be a regular full width page.

I was able to do that by creating a new page template called template-front.php, using the code from the Full Width Page template with the code for the Slider and Main Feature Heading added at the top for it. I then replaced the front-page.php code with the code from the new front page template I created. Finally, I changed the Reading settings to have the front page be a static page and chose the new page I had created. It works just fine--I can edit the Slider and Main Feature Heading from inside the Theme Options and edit the content below that with the TinyMCE editor of the new page I created using the new Front template I created.

So all of that is fine, but I have one problem. There is a blue line between the Main Feature Heading and the main content. I would like to remove that blue line and have the border between the Main Feature Heading and the area below it to look like it does on the default front page.

You can see the site here: http://www.5star-videomarketing.com

I've attached the code I used for the new front page for your reference.

Attached Files:

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

For this paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .page-content-container {
    border-top: none!important;
    }
    I hope it will work.

Thanks & Regards