Upgrading from Lite to Pro without losing existing content

Discussion in 'Dzonia WordPress Theme' started by helipad, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helipad

helipad New Member

Apologies no doubt for the basic question but: just purchased the Pro upgrade for Dzonia Lite. Is there a way to do a direct upgrade via Wordpress or do I need to do only as noted in your documentation (load it under WP-content)?

I ask because I already have a site up and running and I do not want to risk losing the content. If I have to upload the upgraded theme will I lose what is already there or does it just complement it (on the Lite theme)? Please advise as to the best way forward.

Please note: I am not a website designer - just the end user with very minor experience (on a website designed a few years ago by a company no longer in existence). We are having to upgrade because I updated a slider plug-in that knocked out the themed Home Page. To try and resolve this I updated Dzonia LIte to the latest version which allowed the slider plug-in to work but deleted the copy/content from the front page (as well as made some other unwanted tweaks). After researching online I saw your video of the Pro version that showed that the Home Page content can be updated easily through Theme/Customize menu.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. priya

priya Guest

HI,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Please follow the steps given below to install PRO version in your dashboard directly.

- Get your latest version of the theme (.zip format) from members area:

http://inkthemes.com/members/member

- Upload the zipped file in your WordPress and activate it.

- If you find your home page is not reflecting then, re-activate the theme by just activating any other theme temporarily and then, activate again your Pro version,

This will resolve your issue,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. helipad

helipad New Member

Thanks very much Priya. Ive done that and have upgraded to Pro. There are however some aspects that have changed that I need to resolve that I haven't yet been able to work out how to do, so if you could help that would be great. I will open a new topic as I am not sure if this will get read again.

4. priya

priya Guest

Alright...Helipad.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.