Upgrade to Blackbird Pro

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by ejpand1, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejpand1

ejpand1 New Member

Hello:
    I installed the Blackbird free version. I just purchased the Blackbird Pro Responsive version. Per the general install instructions for ftp ("First Method :- You can update your theme through your FTP, you just need to replace existing theme directory by newly downloaded theme directory from members area as shown in (img-1). You wont lose any existing data. The themes are uploaded in the wp-content/themes directory.)", I went to replace the free Blackbird folder with the Pro folder but the folder name (after unzipped) is different. The Pro folder reads, "blackbirdtheme"- Should this be renamed the same as the original folder? And if I simply rename and upload this entire folder, replacing the free theme folder will I maintain all the existing content? Thank you.

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

The process you are talking about is for updating pro theme.

Follow process given below for upgrading theme from lite to pro.

How to upgrade Theme from Lite to Premium Version

Upgrading theme from Lite/Free Version of the Theme to Pro/Paid version may cause data lose of your theme option panel.
    To preserve your data, Copy theme options panel data in a text file and once you upload and activate the Pro Theme, again paste it in the theme option panel after upgradation. You dont have to upload the images again, the pasting of the image address would be enough, as shown in image

[​IMG]

3. ejpand1

ejpand1 New Member

Thank you for your response Nitesh:
    - With respect, the above reply would seem to only address part of the issue: as stated originally, the folder names between Lite and Pro are different. Should I rename the Pro folder name to be the same as the Lite folder name that is already in the root directory?
    - To confirm: This is a complete bulk replacement of the folder and all it's contents; correct?
    - And all tabs of the Options Panel (i.e. General Settings, Home Page Settings, Styling Settings, etc.) must all be preserved/copied via the text file procedure shown above.

Thank you kindly,
    Erik
    PS- Suggest that a complete process-detail for upgrade-installation be a closed-to-comments subject for each theme forum or a master subject such as "Announcements" for all.

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Please provide the following information listed below.
    Send this information on our email at [email protected]

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

We will upgrade theme on your dashboard.

5. ejpand1

ejpand1 New Member

Hi Nitesh: while waiting for a reply, I updated the theme.
    Thank you kindly,
    Erik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.