upgrade theme for WP 3.5.2?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jarkan, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarkan

jarkan New Member

Hi,

I have upgraded Wordpress from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and therefore though I needed to upgrade my Colorway theme as well. The current theme version I have is labeled 3.2 and was purchased March 19th. It seems that the version you currently offer as support documentation, v3.2.2, is a newer version. But when I tried to install it I got the error message "target folder already existing" "theme installation failed". Can you please advise what I should do, thanks? (The theme I have still seems to work with the new WP version.)

Regards,
    Anna Järkestig

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Anna,

It is not compulsion that if you have updated wp then you need to update theme too.
    But if you want to update theme just like that then it is good.
    Just download updated version of colorway theme (3.2.3) after couple of hours. We are adding tap to call feature at the top right corner of the front page.
    After downloading rename theme directory and then upload it.
    It will work.

3. jarkan

jarkan New Member

Hi again,
    can you please give me a bit more detailed explanation on how to rename the theme directory? I'm a beginner and worry if I understand correctly...

Is it the current colorwaytheme directory on the ftp server that I should rename (that sits in .../wp-content/themes)? So i should change the name "colorwaytheme" to for example "old"? And then upload the upgrade? And is that all I need to do, or is there something more?

If you could just give a bit more detailed explaination because this is new to me? Many thanks!

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,
    It is good to upload the Theme through dashboard instead of FTP.

So, follow the instruction given below.

In downloaded theme, You will get zip file, Extract it and rename the folder and then make its zip file and upload it from the upload section (Appearance > Themes >Install Themes > Upload ) in your dashboard.

5. jarkan

jarkan New Member

Thanks Piyush! It worked well.
    Regards,
    Anna

Piyush likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.