Translation using .po & .mo

Discussion in 'Poloray WordPress Theme' started by srjo79, May 18, 2013.

1. srjo79

srjo79 New Member

Hi

I would like to translate the theme and I have already made a translation with Poedit from the default.pot -file in languages -folder (I have the ready fi.po and fi.mo files with the translations lcated in the Polorays languages -folder). My wp-config.php -file has the language set to fi ( define ('WPLANG', 'fi'); ), if this has anything to do with this.

What are the next steps with the Poloray Pro Theme? I found this string in the inkthemes-functions.php in the functions -folder:
    //Load languages file​
    load_theme_textdomain('poloray', get_template_directory() . '/languages');​
    $locale = get_locale();​
    $locale_file = TEMPLATEPATH . "/languages/$locale.php";​
    if (is_readable($locale_file))​
    require_once($locale_file);​
    If I´m supposed to somehow modify this string to get my translation -files to work, what would be the modifications needed? What else?

Also, there seems to be some pieces of text that aren´t included in the default.pot. In the search.php there are: "Nothing Found", "Sorry, but nothing matched your search criteria. Please try again with some different keywords." and "Search results for:" that I already translated modifiyng the search.php by hand but would have liked to do this with Poedit. Can you tell will there be any updates to the default.pot file in the future?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff