Themia Lite to Themia Pro

Discussion in 'Themia WordPress Theme' started by traffiquejam, Oct 25, 2012.

1. traffiquejam

traffiquejam New Member

Hello. I'm a bit of a Wordpress newbie so my question may be extremely basic for most of you. I had been using the Themia Lite theme on my site and just purchased the Pro version last night. I've successfully installed the theme but when I preview my site, it loads the site without the content I'd already uploaded into the Lite version. Is there a way to move the work I've already done in Lite to the Pro version easily or will I have to start from the beginning again? I'd heard that you can easily move from theme to theme to change your site's look/feel so I'm quite sure there's a way to do this. Thanks, in advance, for helping a newbie!

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Your old content is lost because you have not followed correct process while upgrading theme from lite to pro.
    Please send your wp-dashboard id, password and login page link with problem description
    at [email protected]
    We will try to recover your old content if possible.

Thanks.

3. traffiquejam

traffiquejam New Member

Nitesh,

Thanks for your reply. My old content isn't lost - it's still there. If I revert back to Themia Lite, everything is exactly intact as it was (I don't have a lot of content up there, yet, but didn't want to lose what I had started.) Anyway, at present, the Lite version is active. If you can show me the correct process for upgrading, that would be helpful.

Thanks again,
    David

4. Harmeet

Harmeet Support Staff

5. traffiquejam

traffiquejam New Member

Thanks, Harmeet...this worked just fine. I did have to go in and copy/paste all the links to my images and home page text info from the Lite version to the Pro version (which was a minor inconvenience) but it all worked in the end. Interesting, the text in the "about us" page remained intact (I had actually forgotten to copy that text beforehand) but all the other text I had to copy/paste. Is there a seamless way for this data to transfer, should I choose to update my theme in the future? Or should I just resign myself to the fact that I will always have to copy/paste all the 'settings' info each time I would change themes?

Thanks again for your help - I appreciate it!

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

This process only require when you upgrade your theme from lite to pro.
    Currently you have activated pro theme and added all content in the theme option, In future if you want to update same theme or want to upload another pro theme on your dashboard, Then your all content remain intact.
    There is no need to follow same process again.

Thanks.

7. alyjean

alyjean New Member

I dont understand what file I am supposed to select when uploading to the new themia theme.

8. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Please send your wp-dashboard id, password and dashboard login page link with problem description
    at [email protected]