Testimonial Images

Discussion in 'BlackWell-WordPress Business Theme.' started by vesity, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vesity

vesity Member

2. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Your issue have been fixed. Please check.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

3. vesity

vesity Member

Thank you. Can you show me how I can add the images? Which theme files need to be edited, and how do I add image? Thanks.

4. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

This problem is solved in latest version of blackwell theme.
    If you don't want to update your theme, you have to set images for all three newly added testimonial section as shown below in screenshot.

23sep1.png

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

5. vesity

vesity Member

Thank you!
    When you say "This problem is solved in latest version of blackwell theme"...
    Do you mean that it now accommodates 6 testimonials right there in Theme Options?
    If so, do you suggest I create a child theme and install new update?
    What are the instructions for updating theme?

6. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

7. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. Please help. I followed the instructions... I created a child theme, which worked perfectly. Then I updated the theme to the latest version, 1.2. But much of the work I'd done (customizations) did not make it, including these items: (I've included the link to the original support request for each item):
    1. The panel now defaults out instead of in. (http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/menu-panel-default-to-in-not-out.13502/)
    2. Testimonials section is moved back to the default position instead of where we moved it. (http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/change-order-of-features.13813/)
    3. All the work we did to customize the blog excerpts is gone, such as...
    A. character count controls are gone (http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/post-excerpt-problem.13854/#post-51775)
    B. Moving items, such as date, author, and adding category, all gone. (http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/make-changes-to-posts-on-homepage.13855/#post-51739)

...and other problems. ( I don't care about losing the customizations to the testimonials section, because your update goes beyond that.)

Thankfully, I had saved a copy of the original theme, so I reloaded it to get all my customizations back. So if you look at the theme the way it is now... with the changes to layout, post excerpts, menu panel, etc... those all must be kept. But I do want to update to 1.2 so I can get the changes you made to the testimonials section. Can you help update without losing all those customizations? I will send an email with WP credentials and cPanel credentials. Thank you!

8. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

We provide one time customization to the customers and told them not to update your theme, If some one find it is essential to update the theme then we will charge 25$ per hour for the same customization.

The customization you have right now is time taking one and therefore, we will charge for this.

Do you agree? If so then we will tell you about the payment details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

9. vesity

vesity Member

Hi.
    I've purchased many themes from you, and plan to purchase more, but I have never been asked to NOT update a theme. And I never asked for you to do customizations -- I just asked for instructions, and you sometimes volunteered to do the customizations yourselves. For that I'm very grateful, but it seems strange to me that I'm now being penalized for wanting to update.
    I tried to do it myself... I was very careful to follow your instructions and create a child theme and then update the theme, but it did not work. One of the most important features to me is testimonials -- and it is now significantly expanded. Yet it is not available to me without the update. Since I cannot update without messing up site, I'll just have to do it and then go back to each item again, one-by-one, and try to figure it out.
    I am always referring others to your site because I think you are a good company with good themes and great customer service. But in this case, I do not feel like it is a fair judgement.
    Thank you,
    Chris​

10. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

I have created a child theme, use following file as child theme that file contain your customisation, and you can update your theme.
    Update your theme without lost your customisation. Cheers

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

Attached Files:

11. vesity

vesity Member

Thanks so much for doing that! Unfortunately, it doesn't work. After installing it and then activating it in dashboard, everything went blank -- my WP dashboard would not show up at all. I hit the browser BACK button and then manually deleted the file in order to get back to my regular theme. I looked at the files in the child theme and could not find obvious reason why it doesn't work.
    ??

12. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

I will try it on your site.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

13. vesity

vesity Member

Did you try it?

14. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

No, but today i will try it.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

15. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

I have tried to activate child theme but after installing it and then activating it in dashboard, everything went blank. so please recover it as you did before and send us your FTP details at [email protected] to solve this child theme issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

16. vesity

vesity Member

I have sent email with cpanel credentials and backup file

17. vesity

vesity Member

I have fixed the site, and restored it back to how it was. The child theme you installed is still in the folder.

18. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

I have fixed your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

19. vesity

vesity Member

20. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Vesity,

Now don't change in parent theme, you have to change in child theme.
    Just copy that file which you have to edit, and paste it in child theme then edit that file in child theme.
    Always use this process.

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.