Tagline Vs Meta Keywords

Discussion in 'Dzonia WordPress Theme' started by gawainr, Jun 28, 2014.

1. gawainr

gawainr Guest

When doing a google search I've noticed that google shows the Tag line info with the Meta Description. What impact does Meta keywords have?
    Should I use both?

Themes > Customize > Tag line
    or
    SEO Options > Meta Keywords

Regards

G

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Meta tag give search engines, such as Google, metadata to help provide the best search experience for the user. For this reason, meta tags are important for Google SEO.
    If we talk about meta keywords neither Google nor Bing use meta keywords at all. Yahoo and other search engines at least index them, so they do count somewhat, but their weighting in ranking algorithms is very low.
    Adding meta keywords can only be useful when they are targeted to pages individually. In other words, a page about "red mechanical widgets" should have those three keywords on it, and similarly for "blue electronic widgets". Putting "red, blue, mechanical, electronic, widgets" as your keywords across the site means they lose their effectiveness.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

gawainr likes this.
  3. gawainr

gawainr Guest

So if i understand correctly you should use both but the meta keywords in SEO Options should be relevant to the front page only and the Tag line is for google.
    then tags should be used in posts and the contents of pages should contain the keywords?
    sorry if this sounds obvious but it's a bit fresh for me

Thanks