Suggestion for translation and .po files (if possible)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by matthew.cybert, Jan 19, 2014.

1. matthew.cybert

matthew.cybert Member

Hey!

I set up four of Your themes in different sites and made the following observations:

1. every .po file for translation has other words in it (not many but they are quite a bit different)- that means i have to edit every .po file for every theme- comes out as pain in the b..t work for me...

2. the .po files in general seem not to be complete: For every theme installation i have to go through 6 or more php-files (single/searchform/search/template-contact/front-page.php and so on) and make a lot of translations/customizations.
    Not to mention if You update the theme or the need to edit special form files and .js files to make the translation complete.

You advertise Your themes as translatable and sure they are. Don´t get me wrong- i like the design of Your themes very much.

BUT: is it possible to provide a complete .po file or do You have any suggestions how to "make" a general .po file with all entries for all Your themes without editing several files for every theme?

This one thing would make Your themes perfect in the sense of all Your customers who don´t use the english language (and i think there are some of them...).

Please let us know...

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello Matt,

We always tried to add translation string in all required words.
    And also improved translation process in last 5, 6 latest released themes. But still if you found some words which are need to be in the po file. Then do let us know.
    We will definitely update those words in coming version updates.

Thanks & Regards
    Gourav Shrivastava

3. matthew.cybert

matthew.cybert Member

Hey Gourav,
    thanks for Your answer- really appreciated!
    I recognized You provided more .po translation files in Your last theme packages. In my case one problem is that the de.po files are all completely translated to Dutch- sad to say it´s not usable for german users...

My suggestion was to make a general default.po file with any words that must be translated in the theme.

So, there You are with some first suggestions (.php file names from appointway theme):

template-contact.php
    Submit
    Email
    front-page.php
    Read More

single.php
    No Comments
    1 Comment
    % Comments

comments.php
    Comments are closed
    No Responses
    One Response
    % Responses
    Leave a Comment

searchform.php
    Search

It would be priceless if You could include those words to upcoming .po files- thanks in advance,

Matt

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Matt,

Updated theme available in the members area with these words. Please download it from there.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi