Sub Menus Not Accessible On iPad

Discussion in 'GoldenEagle WordPress Theme' started by strand, Feb 15, 2013.

1. strand

strand New Member

My site is very much in the early development stages. Before I get too deep in with the layout, I need to resolve a problem. I am using the Golden Eagle Pro theme. When I bring up my homepage on an iPad, I am unable to access any sub menus in the drop down menus. For example, when I touch “Weddings” (a main menu link), I briefly see the sub menus like “Wedding Gallery One” and “Wedding Gallery Two” and then the page just goes to “Weddings”. Any ideas on how to fix this? This does not happen with other web sites. Deactivating all plugins did not help. I have not made a custom menu.
    I noticed in the demos that the menu link for “Drop Down Menu” is locked. When you click on the main menu link “Drop Down Menu “ nothing happens. Is there a setting for this? That would probably be an acceptable option if there is no other fix. Thank you very much.
    http://www.naturalexp.com/welcome/

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

We are looking to your issue and reply you as soon as possible.

3. strand

strand New Member

Great! Thank you.

4. strand

strand New Member

Is there an answer yet available? Thank you.

5. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Download updated version of theme from your members area and upload it, This will solve your issue.

6. strand

strand New Member

Hi, I went to my Member Area main page and looked under Active Resources. I did not see anything labeled updated version, so I downloaded the goldeneagletheme.zip again. It did not work when I tried to install the theme in the usual way. I got the message you see below. Is there a different thing I should be doing? Thank you very much.

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    Destination folder already exists. /home/vg008web04/91/60/2906091/web/welcome/wp-content/themes/goldeneagletheme/
    Theme install failed.

7. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

This error is occurring because theme with the same name already exist in your dashboard.
    Rename currently downloaded theme and upload it. It will upload easily.

8. strand

strand New Member

Thank you for the update (1.3.?). It fixed the problem on iPads. It did, however, cause other problems. I opted to go back to the other version (1.4) and install a plugin (Page Links To) to lock the menu links. Could you please put 1.4 back into my member area in case I ever need to download it again? Thanks! :)

9. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Please specify what problems you are facing with the updated version of theme.
    We will check and resolve those problems.

10. strand

strand New Member

Hi,
    Well, the updated version 1.3.2 did allow me to get to the submenus while accessing my site on iPads; but when using the iPad the parent pages now “appear” locked. They aren't really as I discovered users could double tap to reach the parent page content, but I don’t feel that is intuitive since the first touch drops a menu thus the parent page appears locked. On desktops and mobile one can access the parent pages in the normal way.

So, my concern is that most users would get to content on the parent pages but some iPad users might not. That would be difficult design wise. To make sure iPad users see the parent page content, I would have to repeat the parent page content somewhere else, but then it would be redundant for everyone else. That is part of why I opted to use the plug-in to lock all parent links across all devices.

Secondly, I have a plug-in called “Gallery Stacked Slideshow.” I really like it. It displays better on some mobiles held horizontally when my originally purchased version 1.4 is installed instead of the updated version 1.3.2. I do not expect my theme to be able to fix the slideshow plug-in problem. That falls to the developers of the plug-in. Since 1.4 does a better job displaying it, I’d rather use it than the updated version you gave me - 1.3.2. (Just curious, why is the updated version a lower number?)

So, there is my report. I am satisfied with version 1.4 and the plug-in I used to lock the parent links, so please do not pursue this if it is only for my issue. If you could put 1.4 back in my member’s area, that would be great. Thank you. :)

11. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]
    We will check and resolve your issue

12. strand

strand New Member

Thank you, but I am all set.

PS Is version 1.4 back in my member's area?

13. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

It is not possible to add theme with older version in any particular member area.
    Sending theme through mail.

14. strand

strand New Member

Thank you for sending version 1.4. When I first bought the Golden Eagle Pro back in January and downloaded the theme from my members area, I received version 1.4. A month and a half later, in an attempt to address the problem presented in this thread, I was told to go to my member’s area and download the updated version. When I did that, the updated version was 1.3.2. Since, 1.3.2 didn't work for my situation, I asked for 1.4 back. Not sure why I received them out of order. It doesn't really matter. I’m just telling you the story to clear up any misunderstanding. Thank you again for sending 1.4 through the mail.

15. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Support mail sent.