StartPoint Theme: A few things...

Discussion in 'StartPoint Business One Page WordPress Theme' started by vblaes, Jun 16, 2015.

1. vblaes

vblaes Member

Within the posts and pages, I can not view or edit the text in "Visual Mode;" however, it works in Text Mode. Within the Text and Visual Modes; however, I do not see any of the editor items such as font family, font size, colors, etc.

Additionally, I am trying to add some different font awesome icons, but they aren't working). For instance, I tried using the lean pub one, but it shows up as a rectangle.

Finally, I'm trying to change from the Blackbird Pro theme to Startpoint and I'm a bit confused by the instructions. Right now, it's not working as a one page theme (i.e., each page is still going to a separate page vs. going vertically).

Can you help?

Thank you. Valarie :)

2. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello, Valarie!

Don't get confused, we are here to assist you,

It seems you are looking forward to create your One Page menu links...

Kindly refer following tutorial link which will help you in configuring the "StartPoint" Theme easily.
    http://www.inkthemes.com/wordpress-single-page-theme-tutorial/

Additionally, you can also follow the video link for better understanding and configuration of theme.

1>

2>

3>

Thanks,
    Praveen

3. vblaes

vblaes Member

Praveen,

Thank you for the video links. While the lean-pub font awesome icon still didn't work, I was able to use another.

Unfortunately, my question regarding not being able to see, write, edit or add media to my posts and pages using the Visual editor. I can only see or make edits using the "text" editor, and even then, it's difficult. I'm not given the options such as font family, size, etc.

I've attached screen captures so you can see what I mean.

I'm also finding that when I fill out the contact form, it doesn't work. Not sure what's going on.

Can you provide the code for adding additional testimonials beyond the number provided? I copied the code reference, but it was confusing and didn't work.

Finally, all of my pages, when clicked, go to separate pages vs. "down" like a one-page theme is supposed to look. What's the trick to making it work?

Thanks. Valarie

Attached Files:

4. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello, Valarie!

It seems that your WordPress is not installed or configured properly on your server and creating such issue,
    I have checked both theme i.e Blackbird Pro theme to Startpoint Theme at our end and in both themes editor ( Visual and text ) are showing and working properly.

Kindly contact to your Host provider or install a fresh WordPress in your server and install the theme.

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks,
    Praveen

5. vblaes

vblaes Member

Please help with these questions, per the previous thread:

I'm also finding that when I fill out the contact form, it doesn't work. Not sure what's going on.

Can you provide the code for adding additional testimonials beyond the number provided? I copied the code reference, but it was confusing and didn't work.

Finally, all of my pages, when clicked, go to separate pages vs. "down" like a one-page theme is supposed to look. What's the trick to making it work?

I'm going to get in touch with my hosting service to see if they can help with the Word Press installation. Thanks again.
    Valarie

6. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello, Valarie!

I have replied about your other queries in your latest thread...

Kindly check and let me know if need further assistance.

Thanks,
    Praveen

7. vblaes

vblaes Member

Hi, Praveen,

After your post, I did check in with my hosting company. Apparently during one of the Word Press updates, one of the plug ins was causing things not to work properly (it was from the server side). Several files needed to be deleted and moved around in order for the Visual Editor to work as it is supposed to.

I still need the code for adding more testimonials if you can provide that.

Still trying to figure out how to make the pages work so they appear to be on one page. The instructions are confusing to me.

Thank you. Valarie

8. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello, Valarie!

1> Unlimited Testimonial Shortcode :- Go to Appearance=>Theme Options=>Testimonials and paste the shortcode given below in Add More section.
    Code:
    [sliderli]
    [tstmnlimg src=" URL of Author Image"]
    Your Testimonial Text...
    [tstmnlauth url=' Redirection URL ']Author Name Here[/tstmnlauth]
    [/tstmnlimg]
    [/sliderli]
    See attachment as a reference :-
    startpoint_unlimited_testimonial.png

2> For your better understanding, I am going to give you a brief information. Front page consists of 7 different sections which you can configure from the theme options. The menu of the front page cannot be changed and will alway contain the same menu items. Whenever you will click on any of the menu item, the page will scroll down and show you the related section of the front page only.

Hope I explained well and made it clear to you.

Thanks,
    Praveen

9. vblaes

vblaes Member

I put in the code and I attached a screenshot of what appears on the home page. Not sure how I edit this. I was under the assumption I would get more places to add testimonials within the Testimonials Theme Options area.

In terms of the menu items, when I click them, they go to separate pages. They do not scroll down. Not sure what I need to do to make that work. Thanks.

Attached Files: