Slider download time

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by villa4season, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. villa4season

villa4season Member

Hello,
    the slider at my home page downloads very slowly comparing to the rest of the page. Though i only have 1 image in the slider, so it's pretty much a static picture. Can i improve this somehow? Many people don't even see there is this big slider picture there and the page looks to poor in images then.
    Thank you,

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

3. villa4season

villa4season Member

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

We have visited your website the problem is occurring due to any one of the plugin you are using as well as gravator,
    Deactivate all plugins one by one and checkout which plugin creating this problem.

5. villa4season

villa4season Member

Thank you for your reply but this time i don't think plugin is the reason. I disconnected them all last week from your advise as the whole site was pending and being slow. But it didn't really help with the slider speed. Can there be any other reason?

6. villa4season

villa4season Member

Hi, could you please find a moment to look into this as sometimes download time is drammatic. I can see this page has the highest bounce rate of all.

7. villa4season

villa4season Member

Piyush hi, i got your reply with recommendation to download a new version of the theme. But last week (7th of March) following my request about site download speed your team made adjustments (removed errors) from my theme as we all agreed with you that if i download the new version of the theme it will erase all the changes in the php files i made in these 2 months. So i got a confirmation from your support theme that errors are fixed and now it should be running ok, but the slider problem is still there. What can be done please?

8. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,
    I apologize for the above reply , was not able to resolve your issue.
    Now, please download the updated version of this theme and install it in your dashboard.
    I am ensure you that it will solve your issue.

For the reference follow the link given below
    http://www.inkthemes.com/how-to-update-a-premium-theme-by-inkthemes/05/

Note: When you update your theme, your previous changes in php file will remove but the custom css changes will remain intact.

9. villa4season

villa4season Member

Sorry, but it doesn't sound like a good solution. I spent 2 months making the theme ajustments with your help - numerous php changes. So all these days of work will be lost and i will have to redo it again??? Please suggest some other solution, it sounds like and endless process - by the moment i finish it it will be time to download another updated version.I experience download time issues for many days already, loosing traffic.

10. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]

11. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Support mail sent.

12. villa4season

villa4season Member

I really thank you for the effort you did. It works now! Thank you, support team.
    v4s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.