Sharing of posts on social media

Discussion in 'SwiftRay WordPress Theme' started by maatla, Aug 5, 2013.

1. maatla

maatla New Member

Hi,

Normally when I share a post on Facebook it appears with a tumbnail of the photo I have used for that post. On some posts, however, the tumbnail photo doesn't come up - instead I get an enlarged extract of the logo. I cannot figure out why this happens on some of the posts and where I can go to edit it. Grateful for ideas.

www.empatisksamspill.no

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Go to header.php present in your theme directory and add the code given below

Code:
    <link rel="image_src" href="image of the page" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="Enter your title" />
    <meta property="og:site_name" content="Enter your site name" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="Enter your image address here" />
    <meta property="og:description" content="Enter your description text here" />

2013-08-06_1509.png

*There is no need to put anything in first line
    *In second line put your Title
    *In third line enter site name or any thing else that you want to show there
    *In fourth line put image address
    *In fifth line put description text.

Note:- These changes take some time to show changes in your facebook page. But you can check your the website url in the [debugger](https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug). It should re-scrape with the new parameters.

3. maatla

maatla New Member

Thanks Gourav. Not quite sure if I have completely understood though. Can I insert the code anywhere in the Header.php? Is this something I have to do for every post? It looks to me like the code you gave me will choose one image to use for every blogpost. What I want however, is for the image I have used at each specific post to be the thumbnail when sharing on Facebook. Like I said, this has worked for most posts but somehow lately it has stopped working. It seems that it got worse after installing Wordpress SEO by Yoast, but I tried deactivating that plugin and that didn't make any difference.

Thanks,
    Maatla

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Maatla,

Facebook automatically fetch images from your site. We don't have much control on it.
    You can use "All in one SEO plugin" in place of "WordPress SEO by yoast" plugin. If it is creating problem.

5. maatla

maatla New Member

Thanks Nitesh. I would still appreciate some more clarification on how I use the code Gourav sent to me. Where exactly do I insert it and does it make facebook use one specific image for every post?

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Yes, That code force facebook to show any particular image for all post.
    I will also try to find any solution for your issue.
    But for now replace your seo plugin.