Set Home Page as Front Page and Blog as Posts Page

Discussion in 'Local Business WordPress Theme' started by 1stopnonprofitshop, Aug 6, 2014.

1. 1stopnonprofitshop

1stopnonprofitshop Guest

I want to know how to set my Home page as the front page, and my Posts page on my blog page. My website is http://www.onestopvirtualmarketingservices.com. (Right now, it's purely a test page until I figure everything out, and then will set it up how I want it). I know you go to reading and then select a static page. My problem is, the "Home" page doesn't show up under Front page. All my other pages show up, but home page is not an option. If I leave that blank and select "Blog" for the Posts page, then that Blog page becomes my home page as well. I tried to create another page called "Home", but when it links to that...it doesn't actually link to my real home page. Not sure how to fix this.

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

To make your "Home" page as Front page, you must follow below steps:

Your wordpress Dashboard->Appearance->Themes->Theme Options->Front Page "off"

After opting Front page "off" now, you will be able to set your "Home" page as Front Page as you were doing before.

Thanks & Regards:
    Naveen Kolhe

3. 1stopnonprofitshop

1stopnonprofitshop Guest

It is still not working, because when I turn Front page off...it still does not show Home page as an option to set as the Front page. Then when going to my main site, it takes me directly to the blog post. I still want the front page to show when first going into the website (where it shows the image, navigation, and then the verbiage beside the image), but I want to be able to set the blog posts to go to my blog page. If I turn Front page off and create a new home page, it doesn't look the same as this current home page. The current home page is what I want set to my home page...the problem lies in setting blog posts to go to my blog page. When going to "Reading", I see where I can set where my blog posts will go, but then it makes me choose a front page, and again, the Home page doesn't show up in those options...whether or not I turn Front Page off.

4. 1stopnonprofitshop

1stopnonprofitshop Guest

Not sure if this helps or not, but when going to the Menu, it's the only one labeled Custom. Everything else says Page.

5. 1stopnonprofitshop

1stopnonprofitshop Guest

Here is an image of the choices I have when selecting my Front Page. Home page is not an option...whether I have Front Page on or off. If I create another page called Home page...it doesn't look like the same default home page that I have currently.

Attached Files:

6. PankajK

PankajK Support Staff

Hello
    I am not able to understand which page you want to show as your home page. Is that the default homepage which is customizable through theme option panel, or a page or post or a page where all the blogs are shown with excerpt. Please make it more clear.

7. 1stopnonprofitshop

1stopnonprofitshop Guest

I want the home page the default home page which is customizable through theme options panel. That is currently the page that shows up when going to www.onestopvirtualmarketingservices.com. However, I want to set blog posts to go to my blog page. In order to do so, I have to set the Front Page and Blog Post page. When trying to set the Front page, the default home page doesn't show up as an option. It won't allow me to set a Blog Post page without selecting a Front page.

8. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,

Please once deactivate all plugins and uninstall theme then download theme again from your members area and upload it.
    After that set your home page and blog post page.

Thanks & Regards
    Pramod Patel

9. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Stacie,
    We have resolved the issue of blog page in your site. Kindly, visit your site and acknowledge us for the same.

Process:
    Dashboard->Pages->Blog->Page Attribute->Template->Blog Page
    Also, See the attached screen Shot.

Note: Once your issue get resolved, you can change your password.

Thanks & Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

Attached Files:

10. hfoord

hfoord New Member

I would like to do the exact same thing as above. Do I really have to uninstall everything as above? I just want to keep the theme as it is, exactly the same way as the original template with the home page being exactly the same as default theme HOWEVER, I would like to create a new page called Blog where I can post new blog posts to. I understand that I can change the template of the page to Blog, however if I create a new POST, it does not go to this new Blog Page. How do I do that?

11. PankajK

PankajK Support Staff