Resolving Formatting Changes Post Upgrade from D'zonia Lite to Pro

Discussion in 'Dzonia WordPress Theme' started by helipad, Aug 11, 2016.

1. helipad

helipad New Member

After upgrading from D'zonia Lite to Pro some of the formatting of my original site has changed. If anyone can help with the following then that would be most appreciated.

1. Font size is larger everywhere (menu title, main body text, footer text etc) - could you please let me know where to change the font "globally"?

2. I have a double line space between each item listed in the footer areas (where I have a Sitemap and Recent Posts). How can I remove this double line space? To be clearer - I think this is only if the list has bullet points preceeding each item. Note: I have read elsewhere about using shift/return or similar to create a line break but the content I am referring to is in a Widget Text Box without that facility.

3. I now have a 4-column footer section and only require 3. I have read how to remove one (by adding a blank text box to a widget) but I don't know how to ensure that each of the 3 remaining footer columns are equidistant apart and actually sit under the First, Second and Third Feature heading box (of the Home page)?

4. There is a new facility on the Home Page - the Second Featured Section. Until I find a use for it, I can't see how to remove it..Could anyone advise on that?

5. Lastly, how do I remove the "previous post" and "next post" links from all the other pages of the site? - RESOLVED

6. The images we have in the First Featured Section have been compressed in height - where do I go to amend the image size so that it is more of a square than a rectangle?

7. In "testimonials" (the middle column of the Second Feature), the text is being cut-off if I write more than a few words (as if there is a limit in the height of the box). I read in another thread that this should not be the case. Any suggestions?

I think that is all...! Thank you in advance.

(Edited to add no. 6)
    (Edited: resolved 5)
    (Edited: added no. 7)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Could you please provide us 'URL' of your site so that we can better assist you?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. helipad

helipad New Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Solutions to your above issues are accordingly....

1) Font size is larger everywhere (menu title, main body text, footer text etc) - could you please let me know where to change the font "globally"?

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS field (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    #menu li a {
        font-size: 15px;
    }
    .home_content .home_text h1 {
        font-size: 25px;
    }
    .featured_content .column-three h2 {
        font-size: 20px;
    }
    p {
    }
    .footer_wrapper .footer {
    }
    .footer_wrapper .footer h4 {
        font-size: 18px;
    }
    2) How can I remove this double line space?

Code is given below.
    Code:
    .footer_wrapper .footer ul li {
        margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    3) I don't know how to ensure that each of the 3 remaining footer columns are equidistant apart..

Please follow the screenshot given below.

Dzonia-replace_4_footer_with_3.png

For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.

You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.

After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

4) There is a new facility on the Home Page - the Second Featured Section. Until I find a use for it, I can't see how to remove it..

For this, code is given below..
    Code:
    .featured_content .column-three.sub {
        display: none;
    }
    6) where do I go to amend the image size so that it is more of a square than a rectangle?

Code is given below..
    Code:
    .featured_content .column-three .inner_area .featured_img {
        height: auto;
    }
    7) In "testimonials" (the middle column of the Second Feature), the text is being cut-off if I write more than a few words

Code is as follow..
    Code:
    .testimonial_holder .testimonial-list {
        height: 175px !important;
    }
    Hope it will resolve your issues...

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. helipad

helipad New Member

Hi Priya

Thanks so much for all your help. All the tweaks have been made as per your instruction (plus some others).
    I may have a few minor questions next week if I can't work out how to do it myself.
    Thanks again

6. priya

priya Guest

You're welcome..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com