Published too early

Discussion in 'ColorWay WordPress Theme' started by knleib, Apr 1, 2015.

1. knleib

knleib Member

Is it possible to retract a published site? I am not quite ready to go live and published prematurely... Thanks.

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

3. elames3

elames3 Member

You can go to the post and change the date to something later. Then it will not show

4. knleib

knleib Member

Thank you for your assistance. I have actually added a landing page through Launch Effects for the time being. Now I don't know how to finish constructing my website "off-line" and still keep my landing page as the active page. When I try to edit my website that is the one going live. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

5. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hi,

Could you please provide your site URL. Also, please let me know the landing page that you have created with launch effects is built by some maintenance plugin??

6. knleib

knleib Member

URL is www.kristinlouis.com

I just installed the free version of Launch Effect app. Set it up and then can't switch back to my site that is under construction now without that going live. It also is not displaying as it had been. Thanks

7. knleib

knleib Member

If there is a better way to have a launch page until I am ready to go live, please advise. I am at a stand still right now. Thank you.

8. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hi,

If you wish you can try installing the below plugin or some other Maintenance Mode plugin which best suits your need.

WP Maintenance Mode Plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/

I hope it should solve your issue as it will switch your page to maintenance mode. Apart from it has some features that can met your requirement like: Landing page templates, Contact form (receive emails from visitors), Subscription form and many more. Let me know.