Problems

Discussion in 'Digital Affiliate Box WordPress Theme' started by joshuasloan, Jan 3, 2016.

1. joshuasloan

joshuasloan Member

The DAB Search Product functionality isSTILL not correct.

1. There should be a way to "pull-down" or recreate EVERY Category and subcategory structure used by each of the Envato sites after you have selcted a site. I am sure each WordPress Theme or WordPress plugin (for example) on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon has a category and or sub-category identifiers so why not USE them with the Search function?

I can search 'Top Sellers' from 'ThemeForest.net' and 'Date Added: Any' but when I 'Import' them, where does DAB put them? CATEGORIZED - this does not help. Also Uncategorized is not visible in the 'Taxonomy Term Widget: Product category.

I can find themes and plugins easier on Envato site than I can with DAB I want (and I am sure others want it to) to be able to bulk import entire categories or sub-categories and have the products properly assigned to the same Category and/or Subcategory they had on ThemeForest or CodeCanyon.

2. Price Min Max filter does not work at all. Just try 'Top Sellers' from 'ThemeForest.net' and 'Date Added: Any' and then filter for the $50 to $60 price - nothing comes back - even though I know there are some in this price range (I saw it in the results table before adding the extra price filter info).

3 Date Added does not offer 'Last Year' (as in 2015)

Only 2 posts in this support area? Is it possible we are the only two who bought the theme? If not then why is no one else complaining about the poor bulk Search and Import functionality?

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello! Joshua,

I have got your concern and would like to clarify few things the Envato API code brings the data from different sites and it is not possible to differentiate relevant product categories/sub-categories. That's why we couldn't avail such importing feature in our theme/plugin.

All you can do is that, create categories in your site and include products in your site under the categories just like appearing on other sites.

Regarding, Price Min Max filtering, It would be better if you could share some edited screenshots or video of your issue, as we didn't find such flaw at our end.

Date Added option provided in Envato API code itself not include the last year so, it's not possible to get the last Year in our theme as well, Hope you understand.

We will try our best to bring some new features in future updates.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

3. joshuasloan

joshuasloan Member

:( Um how about some videos from you showing exactly how you want us to use the Search functionality to populate subcategories (or does it only work with Categories?). I need to be able to populate categories OR subcategories easily and quickly, not just make one post at a time and include links from inside of a manual post.

Please answer these questions about the DAB Search Products section of the theme:

Search Text - what is this and how is it to be used? What is it actually searching when it goes to an Envato site?
    Site - the drop down is self-explanatory. Thank you.
    Category Code - What the heck does this mean? Where do you get a Category code? If there are only a few different ones possible for each Envato site, why is this not a dropdown which changes, depending on which 'Site' was chosen above?If it is a searchable field it must be something contained in their API, no?
    Sales- This drop down has become much more usable and intuitive Thank you.
    Price Minimum and Price Maximum - What format should the entries be in? $25 or $25.00 or 25 or 25.00 Can you leave the Minimum blank and only use Maximum? Can you use Minimum and leave Maximum blank? Do you need to fill in both?
    Date - This is more usable than before. Thank you.

With respect to categories, let;s say I wanted all the wordpress themes from:
    http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress
    And I have created a Category called Wordpress and I have created a sub category called: Blog/Magazine then how do I pull in blog/magazine themes from
    http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine into the correct subcategory?

Even when I try to manually create a Product Category called Blog / Magazine (exactly what Themeforest calls their theme sub-category) your theme automatically creates this NON-EDITABLE slug blog-magazine-wordpress-themes

In my opinion, the columns returned by a search should be sortable i a meaningful way.

Lastly, no matter what the search filter returns, don't you think it should be easier to import the results into a category I have manually made?

4. joshuasloan

joshuasloan Member

Nothing?

5. joshuasloan

joshuasloan Member

Still No Reply?

6. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Joshua,

For your information, once you completed the authentication process from Envato then you will be able to display the digital products from themeforest, codecanyon and other websites listed there.

Regarding our Digital Affiliate Box plugin, you will be able to search products provides in your Envato account.

In Search Text - You can put the title, name or content of the product which you are looking for to display in your site. It will fetch the products from the filtered sites.
    Category Code - You can put the product category code, text like if you want to search for themes so category can be WordPress.
    Max and Min price - You can leave it either blank or fill both, Also, you can search by filling any one of them.

You are not supposed to import the products under your created categories. Since, the API bring the data with mixed results, it is not possible to identify which category belongs to the product, on coding basis.

Hope you understand.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com