Problems with Look of the site on mobile devices

Discussion in 'RoadFighter WordPress Theme' started by elames3, Jul 1, 2013.

1. elames3

elames3 Member

Alright, I thought I would give this theme another chance so worked ALL DAY yesterday on this site:
    http://cabincapital.com/wp
    Looks fine on a desktop, but when I look at it on my smartphone or tablet...it is a mess!! How can you say this is truly responsive. I am sorry, but this is not a theme that is very easy to customize and still work properly.
    I am attaching screen shots of the site with absolutely no css changes. Site done straight out of the install. You will see the problems.
    Then you will see a screenshot of it after I did custom css. Still issues that I don't know how I will work around.
    Please let me know if there is a way to make this work for my site.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      108.7 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      108.2 KB
      Views:
  2. rogerschnur

rogerschnur Member

I've been using this theme for a few new sites and with all of them I have changed the header background image which is the big grey box. I think it just takes up too much space at the top of all of the pages. If you want to try a smaller option, I've attached one here. Go via ftp to theme content > images and rename the original to header-bgOld.png and then upload this one.

This should open up some more space for you at the top. As for the text overlay, I would suggeset using less words and let people click the "read more" option to get more details.

Another thing I've learned is even though the image can be huge (1280 x 574 px), you may want to make a white template this size and put smaller images into it. Another example is attached.

Like you, I'm still wrestling with the smaller screen sized versions. On my Galaxy 3 the sites are not aligning properly, although I am also using some custom CSS which you may also want to test. It allows you to set the distance of the images from the top. Here's the code:

.flexslider{
    margin-top:180px;
    }

I hope this helps! header-bg.png

Attached Files:

3. elames3

elames3 Member

Thank you for your information. However, after working with this theme for the past full day, once again I think I will not be using this any longer. It is just not easy to function with it. I have other themes I use which offer much more options and far less coding required.