post categories in sidebar

Discussion in 'BlogSpring WordPress Theme.' started by faceless4all, Dec 12, 2014.

1. faceless4all

faceless4all Member

I created a right sidebar custom menu with the blog post categories, when I click on a category the blog posts are listed on the left side all in a column, that's okay but, in the middle of the page it is empty space, (like the feature area of the home page) how can I add text to the blank white space?

2. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Please provide us your website url as well as the screenshot where you facing the problem.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

3. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

We have checked when you click on any category then all post that matches to clicked category will show in the middle area.

If in your website it is not opening in meddle area, then please download a fresh copy of latest theme from members area and upload it to your website.
    That will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

4. faceless4all

faceless4all Member

I am using bitnami for testing the theme. I have downloaded a fresh copy of the theme from members area. the category page shows the blog posts that belong to that category in the left side, not in the middle.

5. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

You have to check Feature This Post button to show posts in the middle area, just check that button for all posts as shown below in screenshot.

16dec4.png

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

6. faceless4all

faceless4all Member

I tried that already, that does works but it also then become feature in the home page, which is not good.

7. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

This is the only way to display category post in middle while click on category.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

8. faceless4all

faceless4all Member

Ok, I don't want to have feature posts in the category page become feature post on the home page, so I can leave it just showing category posts on the left side of the category page.

But now, how about if I want to add content (text) in the middle of the category page instead, How could I do that?

9. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

If you want to show some text on category page then you have to edit category.php file as shown below in screenshot.

17dec4.png

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade