Poloray Widget Help

Discussion in 'Poloray WordPress Theme' started by francofonseca, Apr 2, 2013.

1. francofonseca

francofonseca New Member

Hi everyone,

So I know how to get to the widgets area, but I cannot figure out how to change the widgets.

In the middle of the page are Read More buttons that I would like to remove or reuse but can't find where they are to edit them.

On the very bottom of the page is:

About This Site | Archives Widget | Categories | Search Site

I can go into each and change the Title, but it doesn't seem to work. Then, I go to the Second Widget Area, click the down arrow, but cannot enter text in the box. Frustrating.

I've tried deleting the default widgets and adding them back, but that does not work either. Can someone help me out?

Franco

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

1. For the widget issue,
    Go to the Custom widget section ( Appearance -> Widgets ) in your dashboard and Drag the text widget from the Available Widget Section and drop it in the Footer Widget Area and Paste your text there as shown in the image given below.
    See the image for the reference

[​IMG]

Do this steps with all the footer widget area section. It will automaticaly remove the default widget content.
    2.For the Read More button issue,
    Paste the following code in your custom css
    Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS
    Code:
    .readmore-btn {
    display: none;
    }
    This will remove the Read More button.

3. francofonseca

francofonseca New Member

Piyush,

Thank you! Those solutions took care of the troubles I was having. Now, to my next question:

In the widgets area I changed the Categories tab to read Fun For. I want to add party types like Birthdays, Holiday, Corporate, Graduation, Weddings and more.

I cannot figure out how to edit this part of it. All that appears under Fun For is Uncategorized and it is a link.

Please, how do I edit hierarchy to include the different types of events AND can I have it so the types are not links?

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Please specify your issue more clearly with the screenshot images that at which section you want to add.