Pinterest and Google Plus Social Icons

Discussion in 'Andrina WordPress Theme' started by kbrad613, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbrad613

kbrad613 Member

I would like to add a Pinterest and google plus icon to my social icons bar. I've read how to put the code in, but don't know how to add the logo icon for each. Can someone advise me on how I can do it? Also, any chance I can increase the size of the icons (and the bar) so they appear a little bigger?

I'd also like to delete the "Leave a Comment" at the end of each post as well as the post information that appears at the beginning of the post (date, author, category, comments, etc).

Thank you.

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

1.For your first issue

Download Social Media Widget plugin from WordPress.org
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/social-media-widget/

It will fulfill your requirements.

2.For your second issue

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    #respond {
    display: none;
    }
    .post_meta{
    display:none;
    }

3. kbrad613

kbrad613 Member

First, I'd like to say that I am so impressed with how fast you all respond to our issues. Every time I need something, I get an answer quickly and I appreciate that. For this issue, the social widget worked great. And the code you listed successfully deleted the author info, but it left the "Leave a Comment" at the bottom of a post, which I wanted deleted. It unfortunately also deleted my Jetpack comment box, which I did not want deleted. Can you fix the code so it will delete the automatic "leave a comment" and keep my Jetpack comment box?

Also, I'd like to delete the tags listed at the end of each post.

I used this theme recently on a different website I had so I was really looking forward to using it again, but I'm noticing many differences even though its the same upload. Is there an update I'm missing? The third footer widget is displaying my recent blog posts in a strange format. (www.thenarrowlens.com) And for some reason, the widgets on the right hand side of the page are extremely close together. There is no adequate spacing between them. Any way I can adjust that?

Thank you.

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

Paste the following code in your Custom CSS
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS)

Code:
    .tag {
    }
    #commentsbox {
    }
    This will remove both "leave a comment" as well as tags.

For your Footer Widget issue,
    We have checked your website and seems that your recent blog posts in the third footer widget is working fine.

5. kbrad613

kbrad613 Member

Thank you. The code deleted the "leave a comment" that automatically generates, but I still don't see my Jetpack comment box. I have set up comments through the plugin, but they are not displaying now.

Also, I understand the third widget area is working, I was wondering why the bullet looked s0 "old school". With the 3 little dots, it reminds me of when computers first came out. I don't remember my other site having that bullet. Can I change it to something else? The "Home" button in the first widget area has the same bullet.

The issue with the sidebar widgets being too close together was not addressed - there is no space between them like there was in my previous website. For instance, if you look at my sidebar currently, you can see just how close the "Follow Me" header is to the text above it, and how close the Search Bar is to the Categories section. How can I put more adequate spacing between these and the rest of the headers on the sidebar?

Thank you!:)

6. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

Firstly,
    Go to the Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS and remove the code given below from the Custom CSS section

Code:
    #respond {
    }
    #commentsbox {
    }
    and then paste the code given below in your Custom CSS
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS)
    Code:
    .post-info {
    }
    This will solve your issue.

7. kbrad613

kbrad613 Member

Worked great, thank you! But I still have the spacing issues on the widget sidebar. Can someone please advise me on how to put in more adequate spacing before the headings "Follow Me" and between the "Search" bar and "Categories" listed in the sidebar widget?
    Thank you.

8. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .sidebar h4 {
    padding-top: 30px;
    }
    Adjust its value as per your requirements.

9. kbrad613

kbrad613 Member

That worked. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.