Parse error after trying to add a widget area

Discussion in 'StartPoint Business One Page WordPress Theme' started by bhayani3, Nov 12, 2015.

1. bhayani3

bhayani3 New Member

Hi,

I just tried to add a new widget area in the inktheme-functions.php part of the editor. As soon as I saved and tried to view the changes, a parse error popped up. Now I can't access my site at all and I have no idea what to do. The exact error reads:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''id'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/73/2914473/html/wp-content/themes/startpointtheme/functions/inkthemes-functions.php on line 404

Can someone please help. Thanks

2. bhayani3

bhayani3 New Member

3. bhayani3

bhayani3 New Member

So I fixed this error by using FileZilla and transferring the original functions.php to replace the corrupt one. Now how do I add widget areas so that I can have more sidebar options on my pages? Thanks

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Hope doing good.

I really appreciate your efforts in exploring the things and sharing your knowledge here.

It seems that you have resolved your first issue by your own.

Now regarding your second issue i.e. to add the widget in your pages, you can simply add from the widget area of your dashboard.

Please follow the screenshot given below.

widget_area.png
    Hope it will resolve your issue

Let me know if have further doubts so that I can assist you.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com