Page Needs Tidying Up

Discussion in 'Local Business WordPress Theme' started by jigsaw, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigsaw

jigsaw Guest

hi, for a newbie to all this i'm feeling pretty proud of myself so far. I have made a lot of changes to my static home page, but have now hit a problem i need help with.

going through the forums and looking at my source info in the browser, i came up with a few things that fixed what i wanted.
    i have put:
    .feature_info h1 {display: none;}
    .feature_infobox p{display:none;}
    .feature_video {display:none;}
    .bottom-feature-right{display:none;}
    into custom css but now would like to get rid of the lines and gap in the page before the bottom 3 feature boxes. I have no idea how to do this. I have uploaded a file but i don't think i've done that properly so my webpage is http://www.sydneysheetmetal.com.au

Also, can i change the colour of the readmore button in the top feature? The yellow doesn't quite go with the blue background. If i have to i can use a paint program to change it. but then how do i put it in?
    looking forward to your reply.

Attached Files:

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

1.For your first issue

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS
    Code:
    .feature_contentbox {
    border: none;
    }
    .feature_info {
    display: none;
    }
    2.For your second issue

It is not possible to change the color of read more button because it is a image not color, if you want to do that then, Go to images directory present in your theme directory and replace your image with present readmore image or edit it.

The name of image is "btn-left.png" and "btn-right.png"

Note:- Use same name for your edited image and remove the current image.

3. jigsaw

jigsaw Guest

brilliant! I have just started my day in the office and found your reply to me. I am now going to try it out. You guys are great, and I certainly appreciate your help.

4. jigsaw

jigsaw Guest

This has all worked. :) sorry to keep asking questions, but i have now created a button which will do till i have more time to play around, can you tell me now, how to change the colour of the Read More... text over the button as now i feel it's too dark and needs lightening. I hope you have a great day today :)

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .signup-text .button1 {
    color:your color value;
    }

6. jigsaw

jigsaw Guest

Hi again,
    All the above has worked splendidly. Thank you.
    I'd just like to say, that I bought the $147 package, and that I think every dollar was worth it. Not only are your themes great and easy to use, but the help here has been extraordinarily good! Your product and you have made a job I was finding difficult, easy and I've even found myself having fun with the challenge of personalizing everything I've wanted to. Thank you so much. :)

7. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Thanks a lot for your wonderful post. Thank you for your appreciation and for purchasing the full membership.

Warm Regards,
    Nitesh

8. jigsaw

jigsaw Guest

Now I've thought up something else I'd like to do, but not sure if it's possible! I would like to put drop shadows on all my gallery pics and the 1st, 2nd and third feature boxes, where I have put an image. I would like the drop shadow to be like the ones you have used at the bottom of the top feature. Is this possible for me to do? I found a plugin, but i can't seem to use it in that area.

9. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that with our theme unless you custom code something up. Sorry.

10. jigsaw

jigsaw Guest

I will have to learn code first, and am not ready for that. I will try and do something in my paint shop. Thank you anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.