No notification after edit

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by steel rat, Nov 16, 2013.

1. steel rat

steel rat Guest

When a user edits their video entry, it is placed in Draft mode and is not published. But there is no email sent to the admin so he or she can approve the changes.

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Theme is not implemented for mailing while someone edit video.
    This feature just increase admin headache. So it is good for admin to check dashboard manually for pending videos.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

3. steel rat

steel rat Guest

I can appreciate the concept of "admin headache". I've been the admin of several websites for over 10 years. However, I also appreciate the concept of "user frustration". When they make an edit and their video disappears from their dashboard, they would be understandably concerned, and would probably shoot off an email to the admin. Or, after making an edit, and their video not being re-approved in what they feel is a timely manner, will shoot off more emails to the admin.

So, I think it should be an option for the admin to choose whether he would like to be notified when a video requires re-approval. I would certainly like to be notified. And if I got tired of it, I'd like to be able to turn off just that notification.

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Thanks for suggestion

We have noted your suggestion and will try to make it possible in our future version update.