No Feature Text and Images showing (but Google analytics wording is)

Discussion in 'ColorWay WordPress Theme' started by pullanrj, Sep 18, 2018.

1. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

Hi all

My free version 3.4 got auto upgraded to 3.8.4 and everything went a little awry. So I took the plunge and used my long time ago purchased Colorway Pro. It was about time.

I have two major problems. Firstly although my feature text and images are all there under the "customise/ home page settings" option there is nothing showing. And worse than this I have the google analytics coding appearing at the top of every page. I have currently deactivated the old plugin I used (Google Analytics Head) and I have removed the text from the google tracking code in general settings.

Help! As ever appreciated.

Regards, Robert.

2. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

3. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

4. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hi,

Greeting from InkThemes,

We need WordPress admin credentials to figure out the issue.
    Kindly send the below-mentioned credential details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will try to fix your issue.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

5. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

Thanks Akbar, done.

6. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

Akbar

I have been working on this all evening. Sad face etc. Under 3.4 I used to have a homepage called home and a blog page called blog. The homepage no longer seems to be necessary. My homepage had somehow become the blog page. When I clicked blog I got my homepage. I even switched them round and it all worked. But that is mad. So I have deleted the homepage. It really shouldn't be this hard for an existing colorway user on upgrade.

All that remains is the google analytics code which is showing on every page. Everything else is fine so please be careful. Thanks.

7. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

8. pullanrj

pullanrj New Member

Akbar

I have sent a reply to your email. The code that is appearing at the top is the main unresolved issue. Also, for the Google tracking input, do I literally just need the tracking code?

I have deleted the plugin "Google Analytics Head" completely but the random code is still there at the top of the website. I thought I had previously deactivated the plugin but it was active this morning.

Thanks, Robert.

9. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello Robert,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I have visited your website and found that everything is fine. That code maybe comes from the plugin residue file.

So, for once we have to reset your website settings. One question, Do you have a back of your website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com