Newbie questions

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by robinryan, Jan 6, 2017.

1. robinryan

robinryan New Member

Hi

I have bought the classicraft theme today and i am trying to get my head around a few things. I hope you can help.

1) When i go to create a free ad, i enter all the information including the address, postcode, etc but the google map API does nothing when i click on it to show my location. If i enter a USA address it works but not a UK address. When i got the API key there was no option to select my country. Any idea what is wrong?

2) What is the difference between the Post an ad page and the Classified Post ad page. The post an ad page works but the Classified Ad page asks me to fill in a different form and when i do it i can't find the ad again, it just disappears. Do i need the Classified Ad page or can i just delete that option from the menu?

3) If i want to have 2 parts in the site, One for people to add what they want to buy, select category, price, etc, and another part for people to add what they want to sell, select category, price, etc, how can i set that up?

4) When i added the sample content there was the photos that showed under the top menu horizontally but when i delete the sample data and start to add my own test content the slider with the photos disappeared. How can i get it show correctly?

My site is www.1it4.com but it is completely empty now as i have just started to configure it.

Thanks
    I appreciate your help
    Rob

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Rob,

1) You are requested to use Advance Region option for Address field, that will bring more precise results in Map Locations.
    Just visit your Dashboard->Settings->Advance Options->Custom Fields and enable the Advance Region option.

2) Do not delete default theme pages from your site, as far as Post and Page and Ad page is concerned,
    refer this link for understanding WordPress post types: https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types

Our Ads are custom posts type

3) Selling the listing is not possible, you can create an ad listing website with it where people can post their ads (free or paid) then other visitors can see them and contact the listing owners.

4) You need to mark check on the option for displaying the ad listing thumbnail image in the slider.

Just refer the theme documentation, available in members area, and videos on our youtube channel.

This will help you to figure it out and resolve the issue(s).

Do let me know if you need further assistance,

I will be glad to assist you,

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

sooraj likes this.