Moving the menu down

Discussion in 'Harrington- A WordPress Business Theme.' started by feemc1, Dec 14, 2015.

1. feemc1

feemc1 New Member

Hi

I have a couple of buttons in the header above the menu so I was hoping to move the menu down closer to the slider and reduce the amount of white space below the menu bar. And the arrow pointing at the menu item is now lost behind the buttons.

The website is http://hellenisticvedicastrology.com

Also, just a quick note that when I copy and paste the website url into a social media post the name of the website appears twice. I think there is a duplication in the functions when the name is being called but I'm not sure.

Look forward to hearing from you and your support.

Kind regards

Fiona

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello Fiona,

Greetings from InkThemes!

To adjust the menu spacing, you just need to paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu {
        margin-top: 118px;
    }
    a.events-email {
        margin-top: -154px;
    }
    Regarding your second issue, please share some edited screenshot of the concerned area so that we can assist you accordingly.

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. feemc1

feemc1 New Member

Hello Priyanka

Thank you so much for your reply. I have now fixed the menu using the CSS you provided. As requested, I am attaching a couple of screenshots of the website name appearing twice when the website URL is copied and pasted.

Thank you for your help and continued support.

Kind regards

Fiona Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 09.30.44.png Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 09.30.10.png

4. feemc1

feemc1 New Member

Hi

Apologies I have one more quick question regarding the css given for the menu. I am wondering what is the best way to also fix the mobile view as now the latest events email has moved on top of the logo.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience. I only realised the mobile view wasn't working once I had replied earlier.

Many thanks.

Fiona Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 09.44.16.png

5. priya

priya Guest

Hello Fiona,

For your menu, use below code in Custom CSS field of your dashboard.
    Code:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) and (min-width: 480px){
    a.events-email {
        margin-top: -41px;
        margin-right: 126px;
    }
    a.custom-email {
        margin-right: 56px;
    }
    }
    @media only screen and (max-width: 480px){
    a.custom-email {
        margin-top: 120px;
    }
    a.events-email {
        margin-right: 80px;
    }
    }
    Regarding your second issue, you just need to follow steps given below,

1) Go through the link, https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/

2) Enter your facebook details over there.

3) Put you site URL and click on Fetch new scrap information button.

After all this steps just paste your site URL in the post and check after that.

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

6. feemc1

feemc1 New Member

Hi Priyanka

Can I just say a big thank you for your help. I have that sorted now. Your advice for Facebook worked, that was really helpful. May I ask just one more question? I changed the background colour of the footer but it is not displaying across the whole footer container apart from the home page.

The rest of the pages the block doesn't appear full width. I have attached a screenshot. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Fiona

Attached Files:

7. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

I have checked your site and would like to inform you that there is something missing in your source code of the theme.

So please let me check out the coding for once and for that you just need to send us your dashboard details at [email protected] along with this thread link as well so that we can figure out the issue and able to resolve that.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com