More Help Please!

Discussion in 'BlogsTrend WordPress Theme' started by imalivek7, Jan 24, 2014.

1. imalivek7

imalivek7 New Member

I need help with my blog post. I don't want the users' having to click into the headline of the post to view videos, vine posts, or gifs. Every time I make a video or gif post, I would like my users to be able to just click play on the post instead of having to go into the post and hit play to view a gif or video. Can you help with this?

I also need to make my background of my site dark silver or chrome. I prefer chrome. Please assist with this as well.

What is a good footer to help me create a privacy policy, About Us, and Terms of Use?

Last but not least,

I need the blog post to also remove the Date every time a post is made. I would like it to say Analyzed By "Authors Name" Posted to "Page" For "Analyzed Sports"

Example would look like this.

Analyzed By Andre' Chapman Posted to Basketball For (c) Analyzed Sports

The Author will change for the admin or author that wrote or posted the article on the blog. The Posted to will change to any of my pages listed on the site that the author puts the post in. For Analyzed Sports will always stay the same.

www.analyzedsports.com

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

1. For your First and last issue,
    Could you please clarify little more.

2. For your second issue,
    Go to the Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings panel in your dashboard and upload you background image from the
    Body Background Image section.

3. For your third issue,
    Go to the Appearance > Widgets panel in your dashboard and
    drag "Text Widget" and add you content there and drop it in the First, Second, Third and Fourth widget area and customized them as per
    you requirement. They will automatically display at your footer widget area.

4. For fourth issue,
    I think you try to remove the date section from the post.
    For this paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    .blog .post .post_meta li.date {
    display: none;
    }

3. imalivek7

imalivek7 New Member

Dear Piyush

For my first issue. Go to kentuckysportsradio.com to see how their videos post are. Once you're on the site you can just click and play the video from the home site. If I post a video on my site, you would have to click the post title and then click the video to play it. I want my page to play video post like kentuckysportsradio.com site play its video post.

On my fourth issue,

The code took away the date, which is what I wanted, but I also would like it to read like this

Analyzed By (whoever the admin/author is) Posted to (page) For (c) Analyzed Sports

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

1. For your first issue,
    It require lots of customization in the theme.
    So it is not possible for us to provide you customization at that extent unless you custom code something up. Sorry.
    If this isn't something you're able to do then you would need to hire a freelancer for this.

2. For fourth issue go to the single.php file present in your theme directory and paste the code given below
    in that file as instructed in the image shown below.

Code:
    <li class="admin">Analyzed By <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?></li>
                                            <li class="category">For Analyzed <?php the_category(', '); ?></li> 
    [​IMG]

Similarly, do this with loop.php file.

This will solve your issue.

5. imalivek7

imalivek7 New Member

How do you get to the loop.php and single.php files?

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

For these files go to the
    Dashboard > Appearance > editor
    Then at the right side you will see a list of all flies. Just click your desired file from there.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi