Modifing front-page.php

Discussion in 'Harrington- A WordPress Business Theme.' started by sotb0rlando, Feb 28, 2014.

1. sotb0rlando

sotb0rlando Member

Hello,
    I am trying to duplicate the featured_content section where the testimonials go. However I want it to pull the content from a different category. How can I accomplish this? I have created the category of "Why Unbreakable" the category id is "6". Please see mock up and screen shoot of current site. I believe I will need to modify the front-page.php and maybe even some functions so I can pull the second level of data. Any help you can give me would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Jeff,

Please download "front-page.php" file attached and replace it with your existing front page file.
    It will duplicate post area at the front page.
    After this open front page file search (ctrl+f) "ENTER YOUR FIRST CATEGORY" and add category name there. Which you want to show in the first row.
    After this search (ctrl+f) "ENTER YOUR SECOND CATEGORY" and add category name there. Which you want to show in the second row.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

Attached Files:

3. sotb0rlando

sotb0rlando Member

Nitesh,

Thank you that worked to set the section up. Can I modify it so it doesn't show the image, and title. The content I want to display is the post description only. This will be html content only.

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

Paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    .feature_blog_content .post .post_image img {
    display: none;
    }
    .feature_blog_content .post h1.post_title {
    display: none;
    } 
    This will solve your issue.

5. sotb0rlando

sotb0rlando Member

Thanks that did the trick for me with one slight modification I needed to identify the two different sections. I needed one to show the images and the other not to. I got that to work. However this caused a secondary issues. The posts for one of the containers is a series of images. And those are being disabled by the above code. How have I disable the leading image but let the body images remain.