Mobile menu not showing up

Discussion in 'ColorWay WordPress Theme' started by jclarx, Oct 19, 2016.

1. jclarx

jclarx New Member

After hours of code-searching, I discovered that the following code was hiding the mobile menu:
    (the line: "margin-top: -104px;" was the culprit for my site). I changed that line to "margin-top: 0;" and now it works perfectly (at least the mobile menu does).

I now have a bunch of other styling to fix, but this one was a big relief to discover (finally!).

/* when under viewport size, .mean-container is added to body */
    .mean-container .mean-bar {
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    position: relative;
    background: #000;
    padding: 4px 0;
    min-height: 42px;
    z-index: 999999;
    margin-top: -104px;
    }

I'd be happy if anyone has a similar experience with a different solution, or other suggestions.
    Thank you,
    Joan

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello Joan,

Recently we have updated the ColorWay theme version resolving the mobile menu issue.

You are requested to download a fresh copy of latest version of this theme from members area and upload it to your website.

This will resolve your issue(s).

Thanks & Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

3. jclarx

jclarx New Member

Naveen,
    Thanks.
    Two issues with your reply: 1) "Member" button (in/above this page) goes to HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found.
    2) We are using a child theme made from my licensed Colorway Responsive Pro theme (current version is 3.6.8). That seems to be the most current?

I have another issue, which I'll search later in the forum, but if you can answer I'd be ecstatic: The regex for the Contact Form doesn't allow the message to include parens, and a few other things that I'd like to add. Can you tell me how to adjust that code? It's not a css issue (probably jquery), so I can't just use the Styling Options area.

Thanks!
    Joan

4. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hi Joan,

1) I think you missed, you can download the latest version from here: https://inkthemes.com/members/member
    Just login with your credentials and get it. Not from above member button.

2) Let me know what codes you have inherited in you child theme? I think you have added all the codes including functions.php of the older version.

Regarding contact form, in most cases uses simple text strings and keeping in view this we have added the regex, now if you want to change it then, you can do it at your end.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

5. efnweb

efnweb New Member

I realize this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add that I had this exact problem upgrading from Colorway verson 3.2.3 to version 3.9. The following override styles in: Appearance -> Customize -> Custom CSS worked for us:

.mean-container .mean-bar {
    background: #0f3f74; /* Blue theme */
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-bottom: 2px;
    }

As an aside, I'm placing our CSS in Appearance -> Customize -> Custom CSS rather than in: InkThemes -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS because I could not get version 3.9 to honor the styles when placed there. The styles from version 3.2.3 trumped the 3.9 custom styles no matter what. Again, just an aside if it's useful for someone else.

6. shemaela21

shemaela21 Guest Staff Member

Hello,

Best Wishes from InkThemes,

Do you need any help regarding any of our theme?

Let us know if you need help, we will be happy to help you.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com

7. efnweb

efnweb New Member

Thank you. I’m still checking with my client, but with the two workarounds that I mentioned in my previous post, I was able to get things working.

If I could say anything, it’s maybe to test more rigorously the out-of-box mobile menu and the InkThemes custom CSS field. That part was a particular setback to the upgrade’s bottom-line because nothing I did would get the new theme version to honor the new custom CSS. The new theme kept rendering the custom CSS from the old version (caches cleared ad nauseam). I never found a resolution, so I concluded it wasn’t working and abandoned the custom CSS field in the in InkThemes Options. Instead, I moved the code to Appearance-> Customize -> CSS, but actually that’s OK because it’s a more standard location to keep custom CSS. Hope this info is useful.

8. shemaela21

shemaela21 Guest Staff Member

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us,

The priority of the customizer panel is more than theme options panel styling options CSS.

So you can add CSS in the Additional CSS section of the customizer panel.

Let me know if you need further help or have some issues, we will be happy to help you.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com