Make Menu Bar bigger + Adding Facebook icon at top of page + more!

Discussion in 'RoadFighter WordPress Theme' started by cpanasuk, Sep 19, 2013.

1. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

Hi there,

I have a few problems with my website. The website is:
    http://69.195.124.131/~arthurm8/test/

I would like to do the following changes, if possible:

MOBILE
    1. When in Mobile mode, I want the White logo to be put Black, or something visible -- maybe have the logo INSIDE the big picture, rather than under it -- or have it at the TOP in a black border, on top of the big picture! Whichever is fine, as long as people can see our company logo!
    2. Also, can the logo be well-centered too, since it seems slightly pushed to the right, and the last bit of the logo is cut off for Mobile?
    3. In Mobile mode, is it possible to have the Menu Dropdown list in bullet-point order with the Menu Bar? This said, I'd love to see this: "Book Now!", "Getting Started (with another dropdown list to show "New Student Offer", "Our Programs", etc.", etc. This said, there won't be 1000 lists to choose from, but rather the main 7 pages, along with dropdowns for the ones with several pages!
    WEBSITE
    1. Would it be possible to have the Menu Bar either on top of the big picture, or at least have the font changed and have them in Bold characters?
    2. Also, can the menu bar be centered? By this, I mean, when expanding the size of my Internet Browser, I notice the menu bar remains at the left. I'd like to know if it can follow the width, and be centered!
    3. In the Homepage Area, there's a specific code from a plugin that needs to work. It's a youtube video using the Fluid Video Embeds. That said, the video will follow full-width with perfect aspect ratio height... It works on every page, but not on the homepage, which is editable from Theme Options, rather than Pages themselves... How can i make this work?
    4. I must have 2 languages set for this web page: English and French. How can I have a language button changer (hopefully at the top of the page, where it's visible for users), and have a separate homepage for the English and French versions (since the Theme Options would only work with 1 language... How can I have for both?
    5. Is there a way I can make the "Book now" phone number button at the top right of the page Skypeable? Can we make this button any bigger?
    6. There's a little red border at the top of the page (it's part of the Theme Stylesheet). Can we remove that little red border at the header of the page?
    7. When in any page, can we remove the "Search", "Category", "Archive" right section of every page? I don't want to give it a blog feeling.. Also, i don't want to make the website have any "comment/reply" sections!
    Thank you so very much! I will be eternally grateful for all this help!

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

1.For your 1st issue

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) and (min-width: 480px){
    .header_wrapper .logo img {
    background: black;
    }
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px){
    background: black;
    }
    }

2.For your 2nd issue

Code:
    width: 100%!important;
    }
    3.For your 3rd issue

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that with our theme unless you custom code something up. Sorry.
    4.For your 4th issue
    Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li a{
    font-weight:bolder;
    font-family:Your Font Type;
    }
    5.For your 5th issue

Code:
    #menu ul.ddsmoothmenu {
    text-align: center;
    }
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li {
    float: none;
    }
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li a{
    float: none;
    display: inline-block;
    }

6.For your 6th issue
    It is not possible to add that plugin in Homepage area, You can add that plugin in footer widget area, For this go to Appearance > Widget and drag text widgets and add plugin shortcode there and drop it in the first widget area.
    7.For your 7th issue
    Download Google Language Translator plugin from WordPress.org and upload it.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-language-translator/

It will fulfill your requirements.

Also check the link given below
    http://www.inkthemes.com/make-multi-language-website-by-using-google-language-translator-plugin/08/
    8.For your 8th issue
    Code:
    .header_wrapper .call-us p {
    font-size: 24px;
    }
    Adjust its value as per your requirements.
    9.For your 9th issue
    Code:
    .header_container {
    border-top: none;
    }
    10. For your 10th issue

Code:
    .sidebar {
    display: none;
    }

3. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

Thank you so very much Gourav! I have a few more points I'll be needing help with!

1. I wanted to know for the mobile version if we can change the text in "Tap To Call" to another text?

2. Is there a way Cart can show in the Header ONLY if someone has an item in the cart?

3. For #7 (the language selector), I want to use the plugin "qTranslate" or "WPML" or a plugin where I can manually add the text for every language (and not a pre-made translated text)! With whichever plugin I decide to use, how can I have the language button selector positioned at the Header (where it'll stay in the same location on every page, including the Home page)?

Thank you so much so much in advance!

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

1.For your first issue

Go to css > color > images present in your theme directory and replace your image with present pagination image or edit it.

The name of image is "tap-to-call-red.png"

Note:- Use same name for your edited image and remove the current image.

2.For your second issue
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that with our theme unless you custom code something up. Sorry.

3.For your third issue

We suggest you to use qTranslate plugin, Download it from WordPress.org
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate/

Also check the link given below
    http://www.inkthemes.com/how-to-translate-your-wordpress-website-using-qtranslate-plugin/01/

5. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

Thanks again Gourav!

1. Unfortunately, now my "Home Page Testimonial Section" has magically disappeared from the website... If you can see here: http://69.195.124.131/~arthurm8/test/
    I feel the "Latest From The Blog" section is incomplete as well!

2. Is there a way to have the Footer float? This said, the Footer will always remain on the page for everyone (regardless of scrolling)? This could be great for people to see that there are a variety of languages to choose from! If not, is there a way the "Language" selector can be implemented in the Header?

3. Is there a way I could upload another Logo picture (one for the Web, one for the Mobile version)? If not, the current black box that surrounds my logo for the Mobile version (can we make it "banner/border" like, where it stretches from one side of the screen onto the other?

Once again, thank you so much!

6. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

Can anyone help me with my last questions?

1. Unfortunately, now my "Home Page Testimonial Section" has magically disappeared from the website... If you can see here: http://69.195.124.131/~arthurm8/test/
    I feel the "Latest From The Blog" section is incomplete as well!

2. Is there a way to have the Footer float? This said, the Footer will always remain on the page for everyone (regardless of scrolling)? This could be great for people to see that there are a variety of languages to choose from! If not, is there a way the "Language" selector can be implemented in the Header?

3. Is there a way I could upload another Logo picture (one for the Web, one for the Mobile version)? If not, the current black box that surrounds my logo for the Mobile version (can we make it "banner/border" like, where it stretches from one side of the screen onto the other?

Thank you very much!

7. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

1. For your first issue

We have checked your website and there is no problem with the testimonial area in the site. If you still having the problem then send us the screenshot.

And for your blog section,
    Homepage shows the blog post of your theme that contain image, Create a post with an image, It will automatically display at your home page.

2.For your second issue

3.For your third issue

It is not possible to upload another logo for media device, But the possible solution in your case is to upload background image that will show in the background of your logo image in media device, If you want to do so then,

Code:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) and (min-width: 480px){
    .header .logo img{
    background-image: url('Enter Your Image Address Here')!important;
    }
    }
    @media only screen and (max-width: 480px){
    .header .logo img{
    background-image: url('Enter Your Image Address Here')!important;
    }
    }

8. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

#3 hasn't done anything to me..

Also, what Widget is used for the gallery in the footer in the test examples of RoadFighter theme?

Thank you so very much!

9. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

We uses Nextgen gallery plugin widget in Roadfighter theme, download it from WordPress.org
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

10. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

Thank you Gourav, once again!

Last question:

How do I remove (for the blog entries) the block that contains: the Email, "category", and "comments off"? Also, below it is written "Comments are closed." which I also want removed... ​

I don't want to give the Blog a blog feeling... Is there anything that can be done?​

Thank you so very much! ​

11. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Code:
    .content-bar .post .post_meta {
    }
    #commentsbox {
    }

12. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

Thank you once again!!

Last, last questions (I hope)!!!

1. In Mobile version, whenever I go on ANY other page other than the Homepage, the logo is always in the Header picture... Is it possible to have the Logo on the Homepage inside the Header picture as well?
    2. Is there a way to erase the Date of whenever anything was posted? Like whenever I search something, it'll show me results based on the date they were posted... Any way or removing that?

Thank you!

13. cpanasuk

cpanasuk New Member

I have a few more questions (hopefully my last ones) :

1. In Mobile version, whenever I go on ANY other page other than the Homepage, the logo is always in the Header picture... Is it possible to have the Logo on the Homepage inside the Header picture as well?

2. Is there a way to erase the Date of whenever anything was posted? Like whenever I search something, it'll show me results based on the date they were posted... Any way or removing that?

3. Is there a way to have my Three Column Feature the same length, rather than have 1 longer than the rest, they'll all have the same length as the longest one?

Thanks!

14. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

1) Theme is not designed in such a way. So it is not possible to achieve same header on front page as on other pages.

2) Paste this code in Custom CSS

Code:
    .post_date {
    }
    .content-bar .post .post_title {
    padding-left: 0px;
    }
    3) Featured area length depends on text you are adding. Add text same in all featured area.