Love this theme -- a few strange issues

Discussion in 'Harrington- A WordPress Business Theme.' started by dmedia, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmedia

dmedia Member

Hi - We really love this theme and want to keep it. We swapped from another theme and since then encountering some baffling issues I hope you can help solve. I posted a couple already, here are 2 new ones:

1) Images stretching to full width of page, even when sized as medium or thumbnail

http://dev.dfwvetsurgeons.com/surgeons/ - photo is set to be medium at 600x399 but it instead appears full width of the page

http://dev.dfwvetsurgeons.com/about/whatsnew/ - photo is set to be full size at 520x780 but it instead appears full width of the page

It appears that images are only conforming to their true size when there is a caption with them.

I went through the entire site EXCEPT Medical Library section and painstakingly changed all photos to have photo captions so this error would resolve. But there are TONS of photos in the Medical Library section, and that section is 70 pages by itself. Is there some CSS that will fix this?

2) Strange error code at bottom of pages:

Notice: wp_htmledit_pre is deprecated since version 4.3! Use format_for_editor() instead. in /home/dvscadmin/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658

Notice: wp_htmledit_pre is deprecated since version 4.3! Use format_for_editor() instead. in /home/dvscadmin/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658

http://dev.dfwvetsurgeons.com/

I feel that these issues are with the theme because before I swapped from the OLD theme, I first put this site on Twenty Sixteen, just a basic theme to see that everything was working OK. Only after that did I install Harrington and started having these issues.

I hope you can help! I appreciate it greatly!!!!

2. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Solutions to your above issues are accoedingly..

1) Images stretching to full width of page, even when sized as medium or thumbnail..

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS field of your dashboard.
    Code:
    .fullwidth img {
        width: 30%;
    }
    2) Strange error code at bottom of pages..

I have already replied you at your another thread regarding this..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. dmedia

dmedia Member

Hi - The CSS did not fix the issue. All it did was make every image appear smaller across the entire site, even images that have captions and were already displaying at the correct size.

The issue is that images are not displaying at the size they are formatted. For example, if I select "thumbnail" the image displays at full width of the page. If I select "medium" the image also displays at full width of the page. If I select custom size it displays at full width of the page. Only when I add a caption to the image does it display at the correct size.

This is a 90 page site full of images. Some images have captions and some do not. Every image that has a caption is adhering to the size indicated as it should. But photos that do not have captions are not following the formatting rules as they should. Why is this? And how can it be fixed?

4. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Please try below code..
    Code:
    a img.alignright {
        width: 40%;
    }
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. dmedia

dmedia Member

Thank you for this! I had to also add "a img.alignleft" and then it fixed the issue.

6. priya

priya Guest

Alright..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.