Install Failed?

Discussion in 'Zoomy Wordpress Theme' started by gretchenwillis, May 19, 2015.

1. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

I have purchased the Zoomy WP Theme.
    I went to install the .zip file and when I did, my computer returned this message:

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
    Theme install failed.

I looked at the unzipped files, and in there I can see the style sheet (I think). The icon is a small lined paper with a sprocket wheel. It says "Style" as the name, and the file type is cascading style sheet document.

Can you help me figure out how to get the theme installed? Thanks!

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

I understand your concern. You do not have to worry. As the subjected errors in above-mentioned occurs generally when you download a zip file from members area and directly try to install it.

It is because the zip file that you download from members area contains the other documentation files as well which encounters these errors.

So to avoid that error it is recommended that first extract the downloaded file and use only the theme name folder inside the main folder in which style.css file is present.

Hope you understand it and got my concern.

Do the above highlighted steps it will solve your issue.

3. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

Hi Sameer
    So, when I extract the downloaded file, and try to install the theme named folder but it only opens the folder. Wordpress does not allow me to choose the named folder, because it is trying to get me to choose a .zip folder, and this is no longer a .zip folder.

Is there another place where I could download the zoomy template, OTHER than from the members area? I waited for an email to come - I thought I might have been able to get the template from there. The members area is the only place I could find the zoomy template.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

4. gretchenwillis

gretchenwillis Member

OK I got it! I had to take the zoomy folder and actually turn it into a compressed zip file, but once I did that then I was able to install it. :)

5. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Yes!! you need to install the theme named zip folder that you will find after extracting the downloaded zip file from your members area.

Hope you understand my concern.

Let me know for further doubts.