I need to add a video where the Testimonials go on the home page

Discussion in 'RoadFighter WordPress Theme' started by dougrobinson2024, Oct 1, 2013.

1. dougrobinson2024

dougrobinson2024 New Member

I need to add a video where the Testimonials go on the home page. Is there an easy way to do that? So I just need to remove the testimonial and be able to put the standard WP code in that puts a video on to the page.

Anyone know how I could do that? Would I have to hire an outsourcer or is it fairly easy?

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Go to Appearance > Theme Option > Home Page Bottom Feature >Testimonial Description
    and put your YouTube embed code there.
    It will show the video in the home page, and you have to adjust the width and height of the video which you can adjust in the embed code of the video.

3. dougrobinson2024

You mean use an iframe? That works, but we don't want to host the video on YouTube, so that isn't a solution we can use.

We are hosting the video on our own server, and we're using a special plugin that works fine on a page or a post, but won't work by just pasting into the Testimonial section. The plugin generates a shortcode that displays the video on the page, but also includes hidden video parameters like videolengthH="00" videolengthM="5", videolengthS="32", etc. I tried just pasting the shortcode in (like you could on a post or page) and what happens is the shortcode itself becomes visible on the home page. (The text for the shortcode shows up, instead of showing the video, like it's supposed to do).

I need to be able to use this plugin on the home page. How can we remove the code for the testimonial section, leaving the same space for us to put our video in, and use our plugin? This particular plugin is necessary because it passes parameters on to Google that is necessary for the video to show up on the results page of Google.

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

For this open front-page.php and replace 'stripslashes' with the code given below

Code:
    do_shortcode
    Check image for reference.

do_shortcode.png

After that add your shortcode in the theme options. It will work.

5. dougrobinson2024

Well, it almost works...

1) Line 463 doesn't match your graphic. Instead it is "<h3><a href="#">Bring More Traffic To Website</a></h3>"
    2) I found the exact line that matches your graphic (it's line 731), is that the only instance of "striplashes" I should replace with "do_shortcode"? Or should I replace all 37 instances of "striplashes" in the front-page.php file?

I replaced just the one instance of "striplashes" on line 731 with "do_shortcode", and the video appeared on the page like I wanted but there are still elements from the testimonial. Please see this image:
    [​IMG]
    3) So, now how do I get rid of the following?
    • "What Clients Say"
    • the pink rectangle
    • the line that says "Easy Advice..." is the title of the most recent blog--and that should not be there. How do I get rid of it?
    • the 2nd pink rectangle with the pic of the fake author Nancy Simmons and her line with her name and that she's from Amazon.com (default stuff in the theme). I don't want any of that testimonial stuff there. How do I get rid of all of it and just have the video box?

All I want is the video box and title, which I specified in the plugin. I don't want all the other stuff, left over from the testimonial.

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .feature_testimonial p, .feature_testimonial .testimonial_author {
    display: none;
    }

7. dougrobinson2024

We are getting closer! But it is still showing the title of the most recent blog, right under the video.
    How do I get rid of that most recent blog title, showing up right under the video?

[​IMG]
    I don't want to get rid of the titles of all the blogs, just the duplicate title that shows up right below the video.
    How can I do that?

8. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]
    We will check your issue.

9. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Issue resolved, Please check your website.

10. dougrobinson2024

Thank you for fixing the problem. So I will know how to do it the next time, can you tell me how you did it?

11. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

I added a css code in your custom css, You can check code from there.

12. zsirajdin

zsirajdin New Member

Hi,

Just a quick question. You mentioned that you are using a special plugin that works fine on page or post. I am also looking for such a plugin that can play videos on my webpages. Could you please email me the name of the plugin. My email id is [email protected]. I will really appreciate your help.

thx
    zee

13. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Download WORDPRESS VIDEO GALLERY plugin from WordPress.org and upload it.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/contus-video-gallery/

It will fulfil your requirements