How to remove Page Title from page

Discussion in 'Compass WordPress Theme' started by computerpros, Jan 5, 2016.

1. computerpros

computerpros Member

The page titles display in the content (body) of each page. Can this be shut off?

Also, where do I alter or set the default page template?
    How do I edit what shows up in the sidebar and can I have different sidebar widgets on different pages?
    How can I get rid of the search tab?
    How can I remove the navigation line (below header) that shows Home -> Page I'm On.

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Solutions of your above issues are accordingly..

1) The page titles display in the content (body) of each page. Can this be shut off?

For this, you just need to paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    .page_content .content_bar h1 {
        display: none;
    }
    2) where do I alter or set the default page template?

Please follow the screenshot given below.

template.png

3) How do I edit what shows up in the sidebar and can I have different sidebar widgets on different pages?

To set sidebar as per your requirement, please follow the screenshot given below.

widget_area.png

And let me tell you there is no such option to set a different sidebar for different pages as your set sidebar will reflect over all the pages...

4) How can I get rid of the search tab?

Whenever you will edit your sidebar from the widget area of your dashboard (as I have mentioned in my 3rd screenshot) then the search bar option will remove from there automatically as that is used to display by default over there.

5) How can I remove the navigation line (below header) that shows Home -> Page I'm On.

Sorry, I am unable to locate this area, so would you please provide us some edited screenshot of the concerned area with your site URL as well so that we can assist you accordingly..

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. computerpros

computerpros Member

2) where do I alter or set the default page template? Is there a way to "edit" the template?

5) How can I remove the navigation line (below header) that shows Home -> (what ever page I am on)
    I have attached a file to explain what I would like.

Attached Files:

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Regarding your second issue, would you please explain it a bit more...

And for that last issue, please paste the code given below in Custom CSS field your dashboard.
    Code:
    .heading_container {
    }
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. computerpros

computerpros Member

Thank you for your response, but the CSS code you listed removes both the page title and some info in the body of the page. I have attached a picture to show you what I want to remove and not remove.

Attached Files:

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Try this code given below in Custom CSS field of your dashboard..
    Code:
    .page_content .content_bar h1:nth-child(1) {
    }
    Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com