How to remove blog features and widgets from posts

Discussion in 'One Page Pro WordPress Theme' started by paulodoc, Dec 7, 2016.

1. paulodoc

paulodoc New Member

Theme: One Page Pro
    URL: registresuabanda.com.br

Hi!

I really need your support, as I could not find solutions in the forum. Please have in mind I am a complete layman, so sorry if the computing terms I use are not the most adequate ones.

I want to apply changes to my posts that are shown in the 'Blog & News Setcion'. Specifically, i do not want them to look like blog entries, so there are a few things that must be changed.

1) I want the main menu in the posts (the one in the top of the page, besides my company's logo) to be the same that appears in my homepage

2) I want to remove the category in the breadcrumb line (they are all under the "Sem Categoria" or "Uncategorized" label). The idea is to leave only as Home >> Post

3) I want to remove the line under the page, the one with the date, user, category and number of comments;

4) I want to completly remove the side menu with the Search, Categories and Archives widgets. I tried to make these widgets inactive but nothing happened

5) I want to remove the Previous Post and the commenting section

6) Once the widgets are removed, I want the text to be centralized in the page

I am sure it will be extremely simple for you guys. To make myself clearer, I am attaching screenshots with numbered indications about my queries.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you in advance!

2. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I would be assisting you with all your issues in the series of your queries:-

1. To set the menu as per your requirement, just follow the screenshot given below :
    2016-12-08_16h32_59.png

2. To remove the category, you can make the changes in the source code of the theme as shown in the screenshot below:
    2016-12-08_17h09_09.png
    For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.
    You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.
    After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

3. To remove the concerned line, just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Customize-> Theme Settings-> Custom Setting-> Custom CSS section) of your dashboard.

Code:
    ul.post_meta {
        display: none;
    }

4. To remove the sidebar section of the pages, just go to Dashboard-> Appearance-> Widgets and then from the Primary Widget Area and Secondary Widget Area, just remove all the widgets being displayed in the section.

Also, after removing every widget. Just drag-and-drop the 'TEXT' widget from the list of available widgets on the left and drop it to the Primary Widget Area and Secondary Widget Area.

It will do the work for you.

5. To remove the comment section, just use the following code in the custom CSS section

Code:
    div#commentsbox {
        display: none;
    }

6. To get the content to full-width, it will require some customization in the source code of the theme.

So, send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

We will do it for you.

Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

3. paulodoc

paulodoc New Member

Hi Nitin,

My site crashed (Error 500) when I tried to install the WP Editor Plugin and it was very hard to get it back. I couldn't apply any of the changes you showed.

I sent you an email asking you for help and giving my login and password. If you can help me, I will be extremely thankful.

Thanks!
    Paulo

4. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Kindly check your email, we have replied you there.

There was something related to your server directory permissions.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

5. paulodoc

paulodoc New Member

Hi Nitin and Naveen!

I called my server's support (Hostgator). I showed them your message and they told me they have fixed these permission settings just like you said. So I guess you are able to apply the changes. Can you help me now?

If anything goes wrong with the server, please let me know.

Thank you for being so attentive. I could not be more satisfied!

6. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Hope you are doing good...! Thank you for sending us the required details.

You would be glad to know that we have fixed the issue as per your requirements.

We have also installed the WP-EDITOR plugin. Now you can follow the instructions to make the required changes.

Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com