How to populate your new classified site.

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by phils, May 31, 2013.

1. phils

phils New Member

Hello House,
    I feel this will be a major challenge of any new classified site. Therefore suggestions from members will help each other.
    I have just launched my classified site and the major challenge now is how to populate before thinnking of charging advertisers.
    I have created a facebook page for this site, invited friends to join, but i discover is a few of them that actually like the page.
    The few users of my site now are the ones i meet face to face and will even place the ads for them myself. But long will i go round to do this and how many of them can i talk to?
    My idea is to get the site populated first before using Bulk SMS, and other media of advertisement such that if visitors come, they won't meet the site empty.
    I also thought of visiting other classified sites to get their users email and mail them offering them a free featured ads for a certain period of time. But this might be time consuming, is there any software that can do this? Copying ads from other sites, is it legal?
    What are possible ways of populating a new classified site?
    Thanks.

2. suprano

suprano New Member

Good point, i jumped in as soon as i saw the title because i needed some ideas too.
    My site is pretty new and i have not invited any company yet.
    The way to do it is to go professional about your site
    I am planing on letting 20 companies list as premium for free 6 months or one year
    As soon as i have 40 companies listed, i will go for big launch (Radios, TV commercial, billboards and stuffs)
    Soon, your site will be the Go to place when it comes to professional Business listing
    Do not give up, this is a big winner
    I started a classified site last year and by doing the above for that site, the site is now giving me about $1000 a month no need for more advertizing
    But GoeCraft is the big gammer

Consider this
    I will be charging (My normal fees )
    $1000 For Life
    $500 Per Year
    $250 Per 6 Month

For the Launch period
    i will be charging
    $150
    My Goal is 2000 Companies

150 x 2000 = 300 000

and that's per year with only 2000 companies you see

tell me what you think

3. phils

phils New Member

This is good,cool cash but how will these companies agree to pay when you don't have listing. or how do you intend to do the launching?

4. suprano

suprano New Member

By just grabbing the local yellow page and start calling big companies and list them premium for free for maybe 6month or one year
    then you buy your keyword with Google adwords you advertise on billboards and on radios. The idea is to have people talking about your site as a companies
    informations medium. I will partner with a radio and offer free premium listing vouchers to 10 companies.
    And do not forget an online press release for your site

get a linkedin twitter facebook account accounts build your social presence, then later on by way of RSS, new companies that are added to your site will also populate on your social accounts.

I hope this will galvanize you
    and i am looking forward to other ideas.

5. phils

phils New Member

I love your strategies!

6. taylor50plus

taylor50plus Member

Hello
    Also build good content, have a blog and give your members news feeds, blog updates, you need lots of visitors and ads before you consider charging, I have had a few members pay for upgrades, it takes few years of hard-word to get the site up to speed

Regards