Home Page Footer

Discussion in 'Local Business WordPress Theme' started by skon, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skon

skon Member

I put widgets in the first, second and third footer areas on the home page and I'd like them to appear only on the first page, but not on the other pages. How can I do this?

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

3. skon

skon Member

Thanks Gourav, This did the trick as well.

4. skon

skon Member

I installed the Dynamic Widgets as you suggested. I was able to display widgets on the home page without being on the other pages. So thought I could control which widgets appear on which screens. However, when I create new pages, default text is being displayed in the first, second and third "footer widget areas". I inserted a screen shot for you.
    [​IMG]

How do I insert or delete information from the widgets on the other pages? I can't find a separate set of widgets for those pages.

5. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

6. skon

skon Member

I edited the footer widgets and have set the dynamic widgets settings so the widgets I edited show up only on my home page. However the original widgets: Shortly About Us, Contact Us (Indian contact), Google Map (Indian Location) appear on the other pages. I don't know how to find the second instance of these widgets so I can set the dynamic widget settings for them. I hope my explanation is clear.

7. skon

skon Member

Problem solved.

It was an issue with the Dynamic Widget. http://www.qurl.nl/dynamic-widgets/faq/: "Dynamic Widgets is not following the rules I've set" Change advanced settings to "use the old style" and try again.

I had to go through and reset the Dynamic Widgets setting for each widget, but then it worked fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.