Home page Blog posts not showing most recent entries

Discussion in 'RoadFighter WordPress Theme' started by dmedia, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmedia

dmedia Member

Hi - Love the RoadFighter theme! When I first uploaded some blog posts, the most recent entries posted on the Home page like they are supposed to.

Since then I added 2 more posts, and they are not displaying on Home.

Now I realize even the blogs showing on Home are NOT the most recent entries (if you look at the blogroll you will see this: http://psi.dmediasites.com/blog/). I am not sure how the Theme is deciding which blog posts to display on Home. I have it set to 3 and I assume it would be the 3 most recent.

http://psi.dmediasites.com/

Please can you advise? Thank you!

2. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Please follow the screenshot given below.

post_arrangment.png

For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.

You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.

After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. dmedia

dmedia Member

Thank you for your help. I edited the file. But regardless if I change it to ASC or DESC, the Theme still is only displaying the same 3 posts. It is simply reordering the same 3 posts and not displaying any NEW posts. With a setting like DESC it should display the most recent 3 posts. Those are these posts the Home page should display:
    Instead the Home page has chosen to display these posts:
    • Specifications Summit 2016 Was a Successful Event (posted 2.15)
    • Specifications Summit 2016 Voting Results (posted 2.7)
    • 2015 Bowling Tournament Recap (posted 11.30.2015)
    I am not sure why it is choosing to display these posts as they are neither the most recent or the oldest. There are posts in between those. I am confused on why it is acting this way. Appreciate your help greatly!

4. dmedia

dmedia Member

Hi! Wondering if you have any ideas on why the Home page is not picking up new posts? See above. http://psi.dmediasites.com/ Thank you!

5. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Have you set featured image for the post..?

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

6. dmedia

dmedia Member

Yes each post has a featured image. So you are saying if a post does NOT have a featured image it will not auto appear on the Home page? Because there are posts before and after those 3 not appearing as they should, but they do have featured images.

As a test I went into Theme Options and changed # of blog posts from 3 to 6. Nothing happened. Still only 3 blog posts appeared. Then I changed from "on" to "off". All that happened is the blog excerpts disappeared but not the featured images. 3 featured images appeared without any text.

So something is definitely not working right with the blog posts on Home and I can't figure out why the Theme is not picking those up as it should. Can you help?

7. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

You can resolve your issue by replacing ASC to DSC in the front-page.php file as I have mentioned in my sbove screenshot..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

8. dmedia

dmedia Member

I have done that and it does not resolve the issue.

9. dmedia

dmedia Member

I'm not sure you understand the issue. The home page is displaying the same 3 blog posts. It won't display any new ones.

10. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

To determine and fix the issue, we need to access your dashboard.

So, send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

11. dmedia

dmedia Member

I think I fixed it. Under Settings>Reading, I had the box checked that says the home page displays a static page and the posts appear on the blog page. I changed that to home page should be most recent posts instead of a static page. That made the most recent posts appear on home. But then the page called "blog" was blank. So I changed it back to the setting it was originally: Home page is a static page called "home" and blog posts appear on "blog". Suddenly it started picking up the blog posts on home after that. Not sure why that fixed it but it seems to be working now.

12. priya

priya Guest

Great..!!!

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.