Help with StagePlay (OnePage) Theme

Discussion in 'One Page Pro WordPress Theme' started by iamskull, Nov 13, 2018.

1. iamskull

iamskull New Member

I have some questions....

Website URL is randolpharcadia.com

1. Can I use custom icons for social media? If so, how?
    2. Can I use custom icons for the "great fun for everyone" section? If so, how?
    3. Can I change the default form in the contact area to a custom one? If so, how?
    4. How to I make the contact form not use upper case letters all the time. For example, filling out the form makes emails look like [email protected]. I want the user to have the choice to use upper or lower case so their emails look proper like [email protected]

2. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello,

Greeting from InkThemes,

1. Can I use custom icons for social media? If so, how?

-> Let us know what icons you want to place in the social media section we will do it for you.

2. Can I use custom icons for the "great fun for everyone" section? If so, how?

-> Yes, you can use the icons of your choice from the Services Section.

Have a look at the video link attached below: https://screenpresso.com/=c1Vgb

Or if you want to place images instead of icons then kindly give us those images, rest we will do for you.

3. Can I change the default form in the contact area to a custom one? If so, how?

4. How to I make the contact form not use upper case letters all the time. For example, filling out the form makes emails look like [email protected]. I want the user to have the choice to use upper or lower case so their emails look proper like [email protected]

-> For both the above queries, you can use contact form 7 & plugin, that will help you.

Here is the link to the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/

Just download the plugin, upload install and activate it.

If you need further help then just let us know, we will be ready to help you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

3. iamskull

iamskull New Member

Hi Akbar! Thanks for the info. I only need an Instagram, Youtube and Facebook icon. How can I drop them in to the header and footer myself? For question 2, I want to be able to put pictures instead of the icon choices you have built in. All your choices are to do with social media, mainly, and nothing to do with musical theatre. And for the contact form 7, where do I put the code to replace the default form in the contact section? Thanks!

4. akbar92

Hello,

Greeting from InkThemes,

Hi Akbar! Thanks for the info. I only need an Instagram, Youtube and Facebook icon. How can I drop them in to the header and footer myself?

Kindly go through the video link this will help you to upload the icons :-https://screenpresso.com/=89UJg

To make the desired changes, just paste the code in the Header Section of the theme.

Go to (Dashboard ->Appearance ->Customize ->Header Section -> Header Top Strip Settings).

[header_social_icon href="http://www.facebook.com" bg_color="#14a6f1" title="Facebook" icon_class="fa fa-facebook"]

Add the font icon class of every icon you want to get in icon_class="fa fa-youtube"

To make the desired changes, just paste the code in the Footer Section of the theme.

Go to (Dashboard ->Appearance ->Customize ->Footer Section -> General Settings).

[footer_social_icon href="http://www.facebook.com" bg_color="#fff" title="Facebook" icon_class="fa fa-facebook" delay="1.4s"]

For question 2, I want to be able to put pictures instead of the icon choices you have built in. All your choices are to do with social media, mainly, and nothing to do with musical theatre.

Kindly send the below-mentioned credential details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will do the needful.

And for the contact form 7, where do I put the code to replace the default form in the contact section? Thanks!

You need to put the shortcode in homepage-contactUs.php, as shown in the screenshot below:

2018-11-17_11h49_10.png

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

5. iamskull

iamskull New Member

Thanks Akbar! One more thing...when I hover the mouse over the form fields, it turns into a "stop sign" looking icon. How can I fix that issue so it acts like any other form on a website? Update: I am noticing the "stop sign" icon appearing over the header social media icons as well. Update: Never mind! I discovered that it only does the "stop sign" logo when I'm editing.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  6. akbar92

Hello,

Greeting from InkThemes,

You are most welcome!

This is the default feature of WordPress, so when you customize the links it will show that sign.

After altering those changes you will not get that sign means when you are not in the customizer panel view.

I hope you got this point clear, if not then you freely elaborate your query and ask again.

I am also attaching a link below to the video have a look at that: https://screenpresso.com/=Fr4xd

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

7. iamskull

iamskull New Member

Hi Akbar! Here are 2 screen shots of my contact section. As you can see the map is not centered nor responsive to the area and the contact form input areas run of the screen. Any suggestions to fix this?

Screenshot_20181122-191422.png Screenshot_20181122-191521.png

8. iamskull

iamskull New Member

Here is the code I used for the contact form.

/* Contact Form 7 Style */

.wpcf7 {
    background-color: #ddd;
    border: 2px solid; color: #fff
    }
    .wpcf7-form {
    margin-left: 20px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    margin-top: 20px;
    }
    .wpcf7-textarea {
    width: 415px;
    height: 100px
    }
    .wpcf7 input {
    width: 415px;
    }

9. iamskull

iamskull New Member

One more thing...how can I make the slider arrows transparent so only the arrows show?

10. akbar92

Hello,

Greeting from InkThemes,

One more thing...how can I make the slider arrows transparent so only the arrows show?

If you just want to show the arrows when mouse hovered on the slider images then just paste this code in the Additional CSS section.

To make the desired changes, just paste the code in the Additional CSS section of the theme.

Go to (Dashboard->Appearance->Customize->Additional CSS).

Code:
    .nav-arrows span {
        width: 0;
        height: 0;
        color: antiquewhite;
    }
    Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

11. iamskull

iamskull New Member

Thanks Akbar! Sorry I wasn't clear. Have a look at the screen shots I gave you. That is what the contact section looks like when looking at the website on a mobile phone. Any suggestions?

12. akbar92

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes,

You are most Welcome!

I cannot find any screenshot attached.

Kindly provide the screenshot.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

13. iamskull

iamskull New Member

Hi Akbar! How can I add another video to the video section and sit the videos side by side?

14. akbar92

Hello,

Greeting from InkThemes,

You can change the video by pasting the iframe of the video to the customizer panel of the theme.

Just have a look at the video link I am attaching below: https://screenpresso.com/=BtpM

This will help you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com