Google Adwords Conversion Tracking Code

Discussion in 'Local Business WordPress Theme' started by supnatruck, Sep 13, 2013.

1. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Hi. I need some help with where to put my Google Adwords Tracking Code.

I'd like to track my conversions, so I plan to put the code on the page AFTER a visitor clicks Send Message in the Lead Box and/or Send Message in the Contact Us Form.

Where do I put the code because the page refreshes and shows "your message has been sent..." but still has the same URL as before they sent the message.

Thanks a bunch! Your support rocks!

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

That message comes from leads_class.php file
    Go to functions > leads_class.php present in your theme directory and you can put your code there.

3. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Do I just put in anywhere in that PHP file or is there a specific place?

Also, where does the Google Adwords Tracking Code go for the Contact Us "Sent" Page?

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it!

4. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Hi. Can you please let me know specifically where to put the Google Adwords Tracking Code for the Lead Capture "Sent Message" Page as well as the Contact Us "Sent Message" Page?

I did what you told me before ^^ and I was getting an error while on the /wp-admin login page. I said you can't change the lead_class.php in Header, etc.

Can you please let me know where to put the Code so I don't mess anything up? Thanks!

5. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

You can add your code in header.php present in your theme directory, It will works for both Lead capture as well as Contact us

2013-09-18_1212.png

It may solve your issue.

6. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Hi. Thanks for the response! I've added the Code where specified, however my client says that the conversion isn't for the lead capture, but rather the entire homepage. Can you let me know if I've put the Code in the right place? http://supandatruck.com

Thanks!

***Is it possible to create a separate URL so that the first one is supandatruck.com and then the second one when someone fills out the form is supandatruck.com/completed or something like that?***

7. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Theme sharing common header for all the pages, header.php file is the best place for adding code, So follow the instruction provided above it will work fine.

8. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Ok, thank you. **Is it possible to create a separate URL so that the first one is supandatruck.com and then the second one when someone fills out the form is supandatruck.com/completed or something like that?**

9. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Hi, just to clarify - the Google Conversion Code NEEDS to go ONLY on the Page which reads "your message was submitted" from the Lead Capture and Contact Us pages AFTER someone has submitted info/purchase. If it's placed on the page BEFORE they actually submit info or purchase something, it is of NO use.

Where should I put the code in order to achieve this? Currently, when I view the Page Source, the code shows up on both BEFORE and AFTER the information is submitted (A Conversion), which is of NO use?

Thanks so much for the great support!

10. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Any word?

11. supnatruck

supnatruck New Member

Haven't heard back. Is there anything to do about the tracking code so your theme uses it properly?

What are my options? Thanks!

12. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

It is not possible to add Adwords conversation tracking code in Lead capture form.

For contact us page

Go to template-contact.php present in your theme directory and follow the instruction as shown in image given below

2013-10-07_1520.png

This will solve your issue.